Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2017, 10:46 PM

1,158 posts, read 948,866 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
Massively wrong. The data show otherwise. No one is getting rich: not doctors, not nurses, not hospital administrators, not insurance company executives -- no one is getting rich. But it now takes armies of bureaucrats and paper shufflers, none of whom get rich, to deal with insurance companies and medical provider administrators. .
Insurance companies are getting rich. I work for one. We made profits in the BILLIONS last year even with our Obamacare exchange "losses" which were a drop in the bucket compared to over all profits. In the last 2 years my bonuses have been over 10k. If the pre-existing conditions make a comeback insurance companies will profit even more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2017, 10:46 AM

28,107 posts, read 63,396,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
This is not typical because most outpatient surgery centers contract with an anesthesia group. Not individual anesthesiologist. So if one anesthesiologist accepts your insurance so do the other anesthesiologists within that group. Can it happen? Sure, it is just not typical.
This is what got my brother incensed... it was scheduled and authorized.

Morning of the surgery the scheduled anesthesiologist was not available... my brother was told this but no one mentioned nor did he ask if the substitute was out of network... and my brother's wife is a Doctor and did not ask.

The local TV consumer reporter has investigated several of these stories that are always resolved when the cameras roll.

Our anesthesia group has a core membership I was just updating the list this morning as there are always Docs coming and going.

Old 05-12-2017, 03:42 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,505,680 times
In the future, computer AI will treat patients. Go to a place and a computer will inspect you and diagnose your problem then email the prescription you need to your pharmacy.

Old 05-14-2017, 04:44 PM

13,044 posts, read 13,785,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
In the future, computer AI will treat patients. Go to a place and a computer will inspect you and diagnose your problem then email the prescription you need to your pharmacy.
What I REALLY, REALLY look forward to is a time when AI will process the insurance claims on both ends. That way, both insurance companies and health care providers can eliminate armies of faceless bureaucrats who don't add value to society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment