Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2017, 03:55 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,778,907 times

Advertisements

You're bouncing around like a ping pong ball and you should NEVER just listen to the horror stories, but in fact go talk with some people in the industry.

Now, since you're in medical style thinking, how about a MRI tech? Or the people who repair them? Just because the industry changes every so often, doesn't mean you're washed up after 4 years.

Or oncology, the toughest jobs are the ones with children dying. Anyone who can do that 8 hours a day for a few years and not crack up gets my salute of honor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2017, 04:01 PM

427 posts, read 439,970 times
Writing that is proffered in a professional field often has expectations of complete sentences.
That means no abbreviations, no 'text' talk, and proper grammar and punctuation. Possibly that was what the other poster was referencing; not sure. Finding employment that is rewarding and enjoyable can be difficult. Wishing you luck!

Old 05-14-2017, 04:28 PM

58 posts, read 51,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tassity22 View Post
FWIW, most people change careers, drop out and move on to something else. No matter what they're in.

As for law school, it's basically a dumping ground for people with liberal arts degrees, who can't figure out what to do. So they go to law school and waste even more money, then graduate and often can't find a job.
One of my relatives had to move to California cause he couldn't find a job in new York.

Old 05-14-2017, 04:34 PM

3,137 posts, read 2,705,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabihaS View Post
One of my relatives had to move to California cause he couldn't find a job in new York.
I've seen people take it to the media, that they are looking for a law job and hoping someone will hire them.

Old 05-14-2017, 05:44 PM

2,678 posts, read 2,096,664 times
Since you're in your second year of college you have time to declare a new major. See what other majors are offered at your school. Take advantage of the career center there, they can help you.

You have a few months to do some serious thinking and research before its time to register for your Junior year classes. Don't waste it.

If you can't think of anything else, then major in business.

Good luck!

Old 05-14-2017, 05:45 PM

5,466 posts, read 3,060,792 times
Quote:
I am not as concerned about money since for me 55k would be doable and decent. I just wanna know is sped field is good. Or should I look into getting an mba in marketing or hr after my undergrad. I just want job stability and respect along with it. What job do u think is respectful
Go to plumbing school. get hired on as an apprentice.
I don't see academia doing you any good, your English is atrociously poor.

Old 05-14-2017, 05:49 PM

5,466 posts, read 3,060,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgustedman View Post
oncology, the toughest jobs are the ones with children dying. Anyone who can do that 8 hours a day for a few years and not crack up gets my salute of honor.
My mother was a nurse in the childrens cancer ward, she came home one day and told us how she held a little boy, he said he was afraid, she hugged him as he died in her arms.
It takes a special strength not arising in humans.

Old 05-14-2017, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5-all View Post
Since you're in your second year of college you have time to declare a new major. See what other majors are offered at your school. Take advantage of the career center there, they can help you.

You have a few months to do some serious thinking and research before its time to register for your Junior year classes. Don't waste it.

If you can't think of anything else, then major in business.

Good luck!
Everyone does business. It's the most overrated major in america

Old 05-14-2017, 06:15 PM

2,407 posts, read 3,186,337 times
Quote:
what do u mean I dont write well????
1. "don't"- don't
From your first post:
2. "I started off as a bio major, but I did not get well grades in my intro to bio class" Well grades- good grades?
3. "but hearing all these stories make me want to reconsider my career"- makes me want to
4. "this is why i took elementary ed along with it so i could be secured and get a job after graduating"- can't fix this one
5. "After hearig stories of sped teachers leaving"- typo and abbreviation
6. "I am giving a thought on airlines industry"- I am considering the airline industry
7. "i have considered law but many lawyers re getting produced these days " Lawyers generally graduate they don't get produced
8. "did anyone get a job with a good pay with psych ba"- Did anyone get a good paying job with

Not to be mean, but I would suggest you work on your writing skills. You're going to have to express yourself in writing through out your career and your current skills will prove to be a problem over time.

Special Education may be a very good fit.

Old 05-14-2017, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macrodome2 View Post
1. "don't"- don't
From your first post:
2. "I started off as a bio major, but I did not get well grades in my intro to bio class" Well grades- good grades?
3. "but hearing all these stories make me want to reconsider my career"- makes me want to
4. "this is why i took elementary ed along with it so i could be secured and get a job after graduating"- can't fix this one
5. "After hearig stories of sped teachers leaving"- typo and abbreviation
6. "I am giving a thought on airlines industry"- I am considering the airline industry
7. "i have considered law but many lawyers re getting produced these days " Lawyers generally graduate they don't get produced
8. "did anyone get a job with a good pay with psych ba"- Did anyone get a good paying job with

Not to be mean, but I would suggest you work on your writing skills. You're going to have to express yourself in writing through out your career and your current skills will prove to be a problem over time.

Special Education may be a very good fit.
I was typing fast. You don't have to be judgemental and mean
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment