Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2017, 05:07 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,022,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NthPower View Post
They did bring up the past which had no bearing to the situation about the computer case and overtime.

Let me ask you this, I can request my personell record in writing. I can add in rebuttals once I receive my file. What is your opinion about this, now that I have a lot of time on my hands like I had been almost a year?
Your employee history, even the past events you mentioned here, could've played a role in your termination (all behavior and performance issues are cumulative) . What I find odd is that you're acting like you have no idea why you were termed. Have you read your termination paperwork?? Why exactly were you fired?

You can request what you want, but will not receive it. Why? Because it's not your property and you have no 'rights' to it. You only have right to access when you're gainly employed with the company and can view it in front of HR or a senior leader.

Yes, you do have a lot of free time on your hands and it's time you reevaluate the way you're spending your time. Spending over a year dwelling, stewing, harping, and obsessing over a job isn't healthy....there's so many other healthier things you could/should be doing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2017, 01:44 PM

92 posts, read 142,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
Your employee history, even the past events you mentioned here, could've played a role in your termination (all behavior and performance issues are cumulative) . What I find odd is that you're acting like you have no idea why you were termed. Have you read your termination paperwork?? Why exactly were you fired?

You can request what you want, but will not receive it. Why? Because it's not your property and you have no 'rights' to it. You only have right to access when you're gainly employed with the company and can view it in front of HR or a senior leader.

Yes, you do have a lot of free time on your hands and it's time you reevaluate the way you're spending your time. Spending over a year dwelling, stewing, harping, and obsessing over a job isn't healthy....there's so many other healthier things you could/should be doing.
According to my state law, they have 30 days to provide my employment records when I request in writing. Maybe that was the case in your state with all the restrictions, but I have not seen of it from what you described when I was reading from the state's website. They even mentioned that I could include my part into the file. That's how I got that information.

Like I said, it has to do with more about office politics. I have more to discuss about it than described here in this thread, but you all might not like it from what I'm getting from others here or that I should move on a long time ago. I could write a book if I wanted.

I have mentioned about the broken computer and the overtime issue just because I had to be there or the clients would complain. One of my phone interviewer mentioned that I got terminated for THAT??? That is why I had to look back and see what happened.

What I had learned not to trust people like the ladies at the front desk and walk away from the situation, even though they have a class that night and won't have a functioning computer if I did not do anything about it. Even they did not appreciate my efforts to get the classroom up and running or we wouldn't be here.

So from what you're saying or from them, I should just walk away and make it not my problem. Personally, I don't like that attitude, but you're right, I should have walked away and save my job.

My supervisor later said that someone will take a look at it the following week, although he did not mentioned it to me until much later.

Why not get everything done there, looking back at it now, rather than driving back and forth, requiring more than 2 hours of commuting from that regional campus to the main office.

Another thing, my supervisor did not say anything when I mentioned to him that the motherboard was failing. He did not say that I should walk away and drive back to the office at that point in time. My supervisor was not an honest person, but what who he was.

Old 06-20-2017, 01:57 PM

One of my former supervisors, who's still working there, even accused me of being laid back when I first started. He has a Ph.D.

I had learned a lot from him about being on the dot and keep on following up, even though I was not being asked. One of my clients got tired or annoyed of it and told me to quit coming to the building to check on every single computer every single day, even though there was no issues. She wanted me to come when they needed my help. My former supervisor was bent on being pro-active, an overused word in my opinion. He was also a micro-manager and he was my supervisor who I had the longest.

My first supervisor was laid back and a Ph.D., but he left only a few months of me being there. If there was something he didn't like about me, he would assign me more work such as cleaning the computers. He mentioned that I should have been cleaning all of the keyboards and mice previously besides checking each computer for its functionality.

My last supervisor, a BA, who was incarcerated in the past and was a born-again Christian, who puts people down just because there was a reason why the people at the Facilities department work there without a college degree. He told me that and that was the kind of person he was.

Anyways, keep your comments coming as I am learning about your opinions and hope to avoid something like this or to learn something from it for the future.

Old 06-20-2017, 02:08 PM

Quote:
I'm thinking about being a realtor from my family's urging, but that is a whole completely different field and I never sold anything in my life.

I also thought about being a car salesman as one of my hobbies is cars. But, from what I have experience dealing with them, you don't have to know swat about cars and it is commission-based like being a realtor, unless you work for Tesla or CarMax as examples.

I don't want to be labeled or seen as a hard-of-hearing person with my profound-severe hearing loss, so I try to act normal when I work or going out in the world. I even ask people to repeat again what they said or say it in another way. Other HOH folks would just give up and say that they cannot hear like my other colleague who has an implant in one ear and an aid in another. If you ask me about implants, I would say never because I would like to have my hearing restored by genetic therapy, like the medical trial underway in Kansas now.

From what you understand from my personality in my writings so far, can you suggest a career field that I should be looking at my middle age? I like Information Technology and I have a degree in Bachelors in Business Administration and my major was in Management Information Systems. I also took some logistics, automotive technology, and computers & networking technology courses after college.

Old 06-20-2017, 11:18 PM

4,633 posts, read 3,465,808 times
NthPower, you need to put this job behind you. Perhaps you should talk to a therapist about it? I am in a terrible job right now and after I escape, I don't want to think about their dysfunctional behinds ever again. Focus your energy on finding an employer that isn't toxic.

Old 06-21-2017, 05:23 AM

Quote:
According to my state law, they have 30 days to provide my employment records when I request in writing. Maybe that was the case in your state with all the restrictions, but I have not seen of it from what you described when I was reading from the state's website. They even mentioned that I could include my part into the file. That's how I got that information.

Like I said, it has to do with more about office politics. I have more to discuss about it than described here in this thread, but you all might not like it from what I'm getting from others here or that I should move on a long time ago. I could write a book if I wanted.

I have mentioned about the broken computer and the overtime issue just because I had to be there or the clients would complain. One of my phone interviewer mentioned that I got terminated for THAT??? That is why I had to look back and see what happened.

What I had learned not to trust people like the ladies at the front desk and walk away from the situation, even though they have a class that night and won't have a functioning computer if I did not do anything about it. Even they did not appreciate my efforts to get the classroom up and running or we wouldn't be here.

So from what you're saying or from them, I should just walk away and make it not my problem. Personally, I don't like that attitude, but you're right, I should have walked away and save my job.

My supervisor later said that someone will take a look at it the following week, although he did not mentioned it to me until much later.

Why not get everything done there, looking back at it now, rather than driving back and forth, requiring more than 2 hours of commuting from that regional campus to the main office.

Another thing, my supervisor did not say anything when I mentioned to him that the motherboard was failing. He did not say that I should walk away and drive back to the office at that point in time. My supervisor was not an honest person, but what who he was.
why were you fired? What did you termination paperwork say? There's more to it than just the computer and OT...no major employer is going to risk a lawsuit over that.

Even if you were allowed to add your piece, it wouldn't make a difference. you were fired, for cause.

Old 06-21-2017, 05:27 AM

Quote:
I'm thinking about being a realtor from my family's urging, but that is a whole completely different field and I never sold anything in my life.

I also thought about being a car salesman as one of my hobbies is cars. But, from what I have experience dealing with them, you don't have to know swat about cars and it is commission-based like being a realtor, unless you work for Tesla or CarMax as examples.

I don't want to be labeled or seen as a hard-of-hearing person with my profound-severe hearing loss, so I try to act normal when I work or going out in the world. I even ask people to repeat again what they said or say it in another way. Other HOH folks would just give up and say that they cannot hear like my other colleague who has an implant in one ear and an aid in another. If you ask me about implants, I would say never because I would like to have my hearing restored by genetic therapy, like the medical trial underway in Kansas now.

From what you understand from my personality in my writings so far, can you suggest a career field that I should be looking at my middle age? I like Information Technology and I have a degree in Bachelors in Business Administration and my major was in Management Information Systems. I also took some logistics, automotive technology, and computers & networking technology courses after college.

yeah...investigative reporter. You know the type, once they get their teeth on a story they won't let go until the very end.

You also might want to seek professional help and I'm not being snarky when I say that. You are wasting, literally wasting, so much time and energy on a job that you will never, ever have again. Why?? Why you are obsessing is the question, not how can I get my job back or add my two cents to my file.

I have feeling that once you do find another job, this job is going to still be a huge part of your life and will create drama at your new job. Let it go..for your sanity, let it go.

Old 06-21-2017, 04:54 PM

Quote:
why were you fired? What did you termination paperwork say? There's more to it than just the computer and OT...no major employer is going to risk a lawsuit over that.

Even if you were allowed to add your piece, it wouldn't make a difference. you were fired, for cause.
Destruction of University's property they said. I attempted to Discuss more about it, but they stopped me short by saying that it was in the hands between the computer manufacturer and the leasing company.

Old 06-21-2017, 05:01 PM

Quote:
yeah...investigative reporter. You know the type, once they get their teeth on a story they won't let go until the very end.

You also might want to seek professional help and I'm not being snarky when I say that. You are wasting, literally wasting, so much time and energy on a job that you will never, ever have again. Why?? Why you are obsessing is the question, not how can I get my job back or add my two cents to my file.

I have feeling that once you do find another job, this job is going to still be a huge part of your life and will create drama at your new job. Let it go..for your sanity, let it go.
I mentioned before that if I have a new job by now, I can put that behind me. How did you come up with the conclusion that I will take this old job all the way through with my next one? Was it based on your experience?

It took that long to find this University job. I would have like to get my job back or try to work my way through, but most of you said to move on.

At this point, I'm just exploring my options. Participating in this forum is therapy enough for me, thank you.

Old 06-21-2017, 07:28 PM

Quote:
I mentioned before that if I have a new job by now, I can put that behind me. How did you come up with the conclusion that I will take this old job all the way through with my next one? Was it based on your experience?

It took that long to find this University job. I would have like to get my job back or try to work my way through, but most of you said to move on.

At this point, I'm just exploring my options. Participating in this forum is therapy enough for me, thank you.
No, it was based on 6 pages of basically the same questions being asked over and over and over....

I've personally never been fired from a job, however I've fired plenty of people in my career. One or two for destruction of company property and no, they didn't get their job backs either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment