Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2017, 08:19 PM

22 posts, read 25,273 times

Advertisements

so i have results... i looked more into it and my mom agreed to be cosigner on my apartment until i build some credit. about the two jobs thing, i AM going do the mcdonalds and walmart thing until i am 21, then i am going to apply for a job with First Transit or Transdev and get my CDL. plan figured out
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2017, 03:13 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,330,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamarityler View Post
i do have family but due to some issues between them and i, i would rather not stay with them. also, the job that i have to wait until i'm 21 does not require skills. it's just a city bus driver
What are your chances for getting a job as a bus driver? Is this your dream job?

Old 06-28-2017, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
What are your chances for getting a job as a bus driver? Is this your dream job?
my chances are pretty high and yes a little bit.

Old 06-28-2017, 11:36 AM

772 posts, read 913,286 times
sweet ... let us know how it goes ...

Old 06-28-2017, 11:42 AM

10,075 posts, read 7,534,604 times
Quote:
what's the odds of you getting a cdl working at mcdonalds?

Old 06-28-2017, 12:43 PM

1,616 posts, read 1,806,228 times
Quote:
you think your chances are high.

Old 06-28-2017, 04:57 PM

2,575 posts, read 2,074,625 times
My brother got his CDL at 18. Why not go ahead and start studying for it and get it sooner? I know a lot of people self study, but they do also offer classes. I know until you are 21 there are restrictions, but you might be able to find something using it until then that would pay better so you wouldn't absolutely need two jobs. I know my brother worked for a company just hauling rocks/limestone/etc locally. Good luck

Old 06-28-2017, 10:05 PM

it turns out transdev will help me with training AND getting my CDL. so my cdl isnt an issue. its an issue of if any transdev jobs in los angeles will be available for me by the time i turn 21

Old 07-01-2017, 03:01 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,779,917 times
Quote:
i recently graduated high school and was looking for an apartment in the city i want to live in. the best deal for the city i want to live in requires the monthly salary to be at least 3 times the rent. a single position at mcdonalds would not get me enough to make this amount; it is just so close but it will not get there. i was thinking about getting another job like at another entry level position like at a dunkin donuts or even retail position. if i do this, will the apartment count this as making three times the monthly rent ? thank you very much, your help is very appreciated !!!
Sit down with a job counselor. Take a "Job Interest" test, then take it again in 3 months and once more. If the choices stayed the same, that's the job you should be going after. Not everyone HAS to go to college. Trade schools can help and union approved ones aren't so bad. 4-5 years being an electrician, you can make some good $$ or as a carpenter, welder...Yes, you can end up a bean counter if you really want that. Some do, some don't...

It's your decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment