Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2017, 06:32 PM

5,724 posts, read 7,483,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by filochica View Post
I'm still employed at this job, knock on wood. The job causes me a lot of stress but hey at least I have a job! I'm grateful for that. I am still looking for a new job, though because this environment is just toxic (but that's another story). The whole thing where I forgot to log out of the system that one day never came up. When I thought about it, I'm sure lots of people don't log out before they actually clock out for the day.
You are not alone my friend. I feel like I am in an abusive relationship. I want out. The job search sucks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2018, 12:20 PM

34,053 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Quote:
So I've posted before that I was worried about being terminated. Long story short, my boss liked me but her boss did not. My boss's boss started getting more involved in the day to day stuff within my dept and then a few weeks ago my boss resigned. My boss's boss kept sort of coming after me about ridiculous things and most recently, it was that I saved a document after clocking out for the workday. I hadn't actually been doing work, just cleaning up my desk and out of habit hit save before shutting everything down.

Fast forward to today: HR calls me in to meet with her and my boss's boss. They say the next step is termination after this warning b/c I logged into our work system (where we do all our work) a couple minutes before officially clocking into the timecard system. Apparently that's considered working while not on the clock. Not really sure why b/c I didn't do any work until I actually clocked in...I just merely logged in, same as opened any documents/folders I would need to access during the day first thing when I got my desk. They said themselves I've been doing this the whole time I've been at the company (a few years now). I inquired as to why it wasn't brought to my attention immediately to correct and they said "no one knew." that makes me think it's not really too serious b/c if it was such a violation wouldn't they have been monitoring more closely? My boss's boss just hates me for who knows what reason and I just know she'll find something else she thinks I haven't done/have done/should have done/etc. and will fire me. I want to just resign before it comes to that but everyone is telling me to wait it out.

Thoughts? I'm so upset b/c I've never been in any sort of situation like this ever. I've always gotten excellent performance reviews, have excellent attendance, and so forth and am just sick about the whole thing. Honestly the way they were acting I felt like a criminal, like I had some horrible offense!

Is this linked to why you fear points?

Old 01-06-2018, 04:23 PM

34,053 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Quote:
So I've posted before that I was worried about being terminated. Long story short, my boss liked me but her boss did not. My boss's boss started getting more involved in the day to day stuff within my dept and then a few weeks ago my boss resigned. My boss's boss kept sort of coming after me about ridiculous things and most recently, it was that I saved a document after clocking out for the workday. I hadn't actually been doing work, just cleaning up my desk and out of habit hit save before shutting everything down.

Fast forward to today: HR calls me in to meet with her and my boss's boss. They say the next step is termination after this warning
These repeated near termination issues you have caused need to stop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment