Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2017, 09:52 PM

371 posts, read 526,631 times

Advertisements

I had a bad boss at an investment bank in NYC. I found out that he called a professional organization that I am a part of and told them all these lies about me. I had submitted a cease and desist letter against him as I had a reference checking firm call him to ask for a reference for me and got the results.

I caught someone talking about me and I complained. I sent an e-mail to the manager of Chapter Relations and the some time passed and I sent another email saying a bad manager had spoke to the org about me. The next day he was fired which I consider a significant sign. They refuse to acknowledge the e-mail and didn't respond. I am stunned as I thought that a professional org would help me as I pay them dues.

Can I subpoena them for the information?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2017, 10:13 PM

6,345 posts, read 8,118,908 times
This forum is not equipped to provide legal guidance.

Old 08-22-2017, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by move4ward View Post
This forum is not equipped to provide legal guidance.
i was wondering if anyone had a similar situation.

Old 08-23-2017, 07:12 AM

2,241 posts, read 1,476,198 times
Find a lawyer, or if you have a lawyer buddy, and have them draw up a Cease and Desist notice. In many cases, that will scare any laymen when they are left with the impression that there are legal ramifications to their actions.

Old 08-23-2017, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left-handed View Post
Find a lawyer, or if you have a lawyer buddy, and have them draw up a Cease and Desist notice. In many cases, that will scare any laymen when they are left with the impression that there are legal ramifications to their actions.
in my original post, I said that I submitted one already. I want the info from the professional association so i can prove he violated it.

Old 08-23-2017, 10:14 AM

2,053 posts, read 1,527,324 times
As people are telling you, you need to speak to a lawyer about whether you can legally ask them to turn over any records. Just because you are a dues paying member of an organization doesn't mean that the organization will go to bat for you in what is essentially a dispute between two individuals. Do you even know if any written records exist of what your former boss told this organization?

Old 08-23-2017, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Tarabotti View Post
As people are telling you, you need to speak to a lawyer about whether you can legally ask them to turn over any records. Just because you are a dues paying member of an organization doesn't mean that the organization will go to bat for you in what is essentially a dispute between two individuals. Do you even know if any written records exist of what your former boss told this organization?
even if they are not written, clearly they can tell me what was said
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment