Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2017, 09:13 PM

34,007 posts, read 17,035,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsflyer View Post
Thats correct, what I am saying is that I am seeing more and more of the younger generation simply coming in when they come in and dealing with the conseqences. This is a respect issue, if someone says hey I dont do well with getting to work at 5 am 7 am or what ever and you say well tough t*tties I am the owner thats disrespect. They told you that they are not good with the a$$ crack of dawn but you pushed it because you are the owner and you are banking on them being desperate and they may need just enough money to get out of dodge.

Glad they accept being unemployed often.

The business will find people who respect the work schedule to the letter. It is far better off without them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2017, 09:28 PM

To be fair, I know a significant percentage of millennials who abide by all company rules, obtain all required education and training, and by and large, thrive. They are greatly helped by the millennials who do not obey rules, which effectively cuts them off as competition for the first group.

Old 11-03-2017, 10:39 PM

7,654 posts, read 5,110,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
To be fair, I know a significant percentage of millennials who abide by all company rules, obtain all required education and training, and by and large, thrive. They are greatly helped by the millennials who do not obey rules, which effectively cuts them off as competition for the first group.
The millenials you speak of are also typically minimalists and once they have their f you money your going to find they are not so compliant or go into direct competition with you and put you out of buisness, they are not stupid.

They know boomers are not their friends, they put on the smile because they have game and I admire them the most, once they gain the leverage, not only in buisness but in govt they can have boomers eating cat food in their old age.

Old 11-04-2017, 06:14 AM

Quote:
The millenials you speak of are also typically minimalists and once they have their f you money your going to find they are not so compliant or go into direct competition with you and put you out of buisness, they are not stupid.

They know boomers are not their friends, they put on the smile because they have game and I admire them the most, once they gain the leverage, not only in buisness but in govt they can have boomers eating cat food in their old age.
Wrong. They have solid work ethics. That's a terrific character trait.

Old 11-04-2017, 07:49 AM

32,634 posts, read 47,986,069 times
Quote:
...........What this boils down too is that there are about 50% of the population that are night owls and 50% that are morning people,............
So what you are trying to explain to us is that the young night owls are too stupid to figure out that they are incapable of getting up early, so they should not accept a 7 AM job? People who must sleep in should be looking for a job that starts later. There are lots of jobs that start just before noon or that start early in the evening. Many big businesses run shifts and you can't even get onto the day shift until you have been there for awhile.

Old 11-04-2017, 11:52 AM

7,654 posts, read 5,110,679 times
Quote:
Wrong. They have solid work ethics. That's a terrific character trait.
It is so long as they are outsmarting a boomer and putting them out of buisness, otherwise they are a tool

Old 11-04-2017, 03:04 PM

140 posts, read 191,775 times
Quote:
The talent to wash dishes is such a rarity after all.
I don't know man. Not too many fat old people can stand for 8.5 hours a day and do dirty fast paced work without a break dealing with chaos all day. I am actually the only busboy/dishwasher here who is not an immigrant. Guess they have a hard time finding people after all.

This was meant to be somewhat of a light-hearted thread, but hey you guys really got me. I am a lazy good for nothing kid which is obviously discernible based on a couple online posts. If only I could be half as hard working as you/your son/sister/daughter/cousin/insert person here then I would know not to show up a minute late for work.

Ok time to close the thread.

Old 11-04-2017, 03:07 PM

140 posts, read 191,775 times
Quote:
Do what you need to do, but you reap what you sow. Treat people like dirt and it comes back around.
If someone is a dishwasher, they deserve to be treated like ****. Society says its okay.

Old 11-04-2017, 03:55 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,420,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyontheInternet View Post
I have been working part time as a dishwasher in a busy restaurant for the past 5 months. In the past two weeks I have been written up for being a minute or two late. Is it safe to say if I come in a minute late again I'm fired? I figure they are probably looking for a reason to get rid of me.

It's not exactly the most enjoyable job in the world and I'm just trying to make part time income while going to school. However, getting fired certainly doesn't make you look good in the future.

Thanks!
I'd have fired you after the first write-up. Something tells me you didn't take the first warning seriously. Being on time is like the easiest thing for an employer to ask of you.

Old 11-04-2017, 08:33 PM

Quote:
It is so long as they are outsmarting a boomer and putting them out of buisness, otherwise they are a tool
There are alternative dishwashers who will show up on time. If people of another ethnic background are more apt to show up on time and work hard, and if they can legally work in the USA, I'd hire them ahead of someone who does not take being timely seriously like the OP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment