Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2017, 02:22 PM

3,437 posts, read 3,284,294 times

Advertisements

are politicians who do the bidding of their campaign contributors not prostitutes too? and the lobbyists same as pimps?

Old 11-20-2017, 02:35 PM

12,713 posts, read 15,520,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
No, legalizing sex work will not stop sex trafficking. Look at the states that have legalized marijuana. Have drug dealers stopped selling dime bags? Is everyone going to an authorized dispensary?
Not everyone, but a whole lot more than before it was legal.

Old 11-20-2017, 04:23 PM

8,009 posts, read 10,418,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
Great way to pay off those student loans.

I know a retired stripper and she is set for life. She retired at 40 and she is still beautiful.
One of my childhood friends became a stripper when she was 20. In Vegas. Made a bunch of money. Was in a car accident when she was 35 and could no longer perform. She's now 45 and has been waiting tables for 10 years and can barely make ends meet.

Old 11-20-2017, 04:25 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,371,084 times
I can believe that's a yearly salary but certainly not a weekly one.

It's a known fact that many prostitutes lie about how much they earn. Like many other professions do.

Old 11-20-2017, 05:24 PM

2,951 posts, read 2,516,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Siegel View Post
Stripping is not prostitution. Human nature being the funny thing that it is, the hole in your soul that comes from prostitution is not nearly as deep with stripping and lap dancing. It isn't rational but that's the way it is.
You aren't serious?

Most strippers don't stop at stripping. That is just the way they 'market' themselves.

They all have daddy issues. And holes in their souls which they are trying to fill with sex one way or another.

I live in Vegas.

Old 11-20-2017, 05:41 PM

7,195 posts, read 5,722,107 times
Eh, whatever she wants to do. It seems like the place isn't super shady, anyway. I'm more concerned for the teens and young women who feel they don't have a choice (or those who really don't have a choice). I don't disagree that legalization would make the entire industry better. It's not going away, so if it can be regulated, that would be an improvement.

Old 11-20-2017, 06:54 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,610,872 times
She better save up and have an idea of what she wants to do when she's no longer the hottest thing in the desert. Looks and bodies change over time. Hopefully, those student loans paid for a real degree not one in basket weaving.

If she enjoys it, good for her. Many people get screwed at their jobs all the time and don't earn nearly that much money.

Old 11-20-2017, 06:55 PM

581 posts, read 455,982 times
I live in Las Vegas. For every girl that's smart and saves her money, there's another hundred snorting their earnings up their nose. Pretty much every stripper I know is the Poster Child for Low Self-Esteem and Daddy Issues, no matter how physically attractive they might be. It's not a lifestyle to aspire to, believe me.

Old 11-20-2017, 06:57 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,610,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefiantNJ View Post
This diary should be a required reading for anyone young who decides that they don't need health insurance. She is going to pay $16 - 20K for this surgery. That is almost 4-6 years of paying for insurance coverage.
Using that new math? My mom pays for her health insurance every month - not employer sponsored - and she pays over $900 a month for her plan. $16-20K is definitely not 4-6 years worth of insurance for many people. She said why she didn't have health insurance. And just because one has health insurance doesn't mean they won't owe thousands.

Old 11-20-2017, 07:46 PM

7,058 posts, read 9,074,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchemist80 View Post
Sex workers like that can make a lot of money, but aside from the obvious degradation, a lot of them blow it on drugs and other poor spending habits and end up a wreck by their late 30's with nothing to show for it and no prospects once their beauty starts to fade.
Aaaaannnnd, so do many other folks in other occupations. There are many people who are flat busted (pun not originally intended), living paycheck to paycheck and one circumstance or bad decision away from bankruptcy...and not just the folks that *look* 'poor'- there are a whole lot who look good and smell good, and seem to make a lot of money but are actually living far beyond their means and financing it with debt (not completely unlike the U.S. economic policy). Even if you give them a whole buttload of money, they still end up broke, but at a higher level (again, not unlike the U.S. gov't).

How much money they make is not the problem, the problem is their decisions on what to *do* with that money.

Personally, I don't have any issues with folks (male or female) who want to trade sex for money and no amount of regulation or laws is going to stop it, it ain't called "the world's oldest profession" for nothing. Frankly, if someone wants to make a living boffing for dollars, it's no one else's business to tell them no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment