Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2017, 06:12 PM

289 posts, read 450,552 times

Advertisements

I don't think you failed.
Hoping you get the position.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2017, 06:12 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,986,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
Q:”Why do you work at the Quik-e-Mart?”
A:”Dude, I need a job to pay the rent”
Nope, wrong answer.

A:”My passion is to provide clients with a uniquely delightful Slurpee and Marlboro purchasing experience while enhancing my abilities to provide awesome maintenance and re-cleanification of the the hot-dog rolling grill”
Yup, that’s the answer.
Couldn't have said it any better. This country is a MESS

Old 12-04-2017, 06:13 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,785,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
Pretty soon a janitor position will require 3 days of grueling interviews and an MBA and you'll be forced to embellish your resume and undergo a series of psychometric evaluations
Don't forget the follicle test also...

Old 12-04-2017, 06:40 PM

5,724 posts, read 7,482,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyholton View Post
It's for a call center at a insurance company

37,000 full benefits all that

37,00 for me a single, no kids male. Thats really great for me considering i'm at 24,000 right now

I nailed the 1st interview with human resources, she said "there's no reason why you shouldn't have this job"

Had the 2nd interview today with a hiring manager and another guy from a different location

Hardest interview ever

These were 3 of the questions they asked

1)If you won 20 million dollars what would you do with it
--My answer. Pay my bills, give money to my parents, donate to multiple charities, build myself my dream house in the country and invest the rest

2)What would your super power be?
--Flying. That way I could save humans/animals who needed help

3)If you were a waiter how would you tell a customer , who ordered a baked potato?
Me-- Well I'd apologize and offer them a replacement for the potato

One of the questions I failed at miserably and I knew it. I worded everything wrong

The other questions were so repetitive about customer service I didnt know how to change my answers?

1)What 2 factors make for good customer service?
---Friendliness and reliable

Like IDK. I hope I get the job but damn I really dont think I will
I like your answers. I hope you get it too. Hiring managers are not the brightest folks. I do not know what they are looking for.

I went through so much to get hired at my job. My co-workers are laziest people in creation.

Old 12-04-2017, 06:47 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,454,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnff View Post
How does one phrase any answer to "what would you do if you won $20 million?" in any manner that demonstrates communication skills? There's not any real communication to do there when the answer is "pay off the mortgage, donate some to charity, and retire, maybe travel a bit." As an interviewer you've learned nothing.
I don't think that it is a bad question when the goal is to learn how a person communicates and whether they can speak English clearly and in a friendly manner, both necessary for any call center job.

If someone just answered as you did, above, i.e. with fragments of sentences instead of clear and complete sentences, that would be a negative.

It's also important that the employee speak English both correctly and clearly and without any annoying tone (perhaps nasal or whiny, for example) or difficult-to-understand accent.

They are likely looking for someone with an energetic and cheerful personality, and that would show up in answers to just about any sort of questions.

Old 12-04-2017, 07:22 PM

23 posts, read 14,692 times
The baked potato one I can't get over.

If a customer orders one and we were out of apogixe and offer a substitute

I mean is there some deep soul searching answer to that?

I could have done better at the 20 million question, I was just taken aback by why this question mattered

The funny thing is after I answered they keeped pressuring me. Look i know its 20 million but i wouldn't go on a spending spree. Id donate to charities, give parents money, pay off debts, build my dream house in the country and invest

Pretty responsible I think

Old 12-04-2017, 08:35 PM

11,582 posts, read 6,735,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyholton View Post
The baked potato one I can't get over.

If a customer orders one and we were out of apogixe and offer a substitute

I mean is there some deep soul searching answer to that?

I could have done better at the 20 million question, I was just taken aback by why this question mattered

The funny thing is after I answered they keeped pressuring me. Look i know its 20 million but i wouldn't go on a spending spree. Id donate to charities, give parents money, pay off debts, build my dream house in the country and invest

Pretty responsible I think

I think you did just fine. I'm not in HR, but I am an insurance agent who has been in the business for almost 10 years. I think with the 20 million question they were looking to see if you would blow it all in one day. They want someone who is responsible, reliable and ethical. I wouldn't worry about it. If it's meant to be, then it's meant to be.

On a side note, that's a good salary for an insurance call center!!

Old 12-05-2017, 04:35 AM

17,302 posts, read 22,039,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
A:”Dude, I need a job to pay the rent”
Nope, wrong answer.

A:”My passion is to provide clients with a uniquely delightful Slurpee and Marlboro purchasing experience while enhancing my abilities to provide awesome maintenance and re-cleanification of the the hot-dog rolling grill”
Yup, that’s the answer.
What about helping patrons invest in their future (lottery tickets!)

Old 12-05-2017, 05:25 AM

2,706 posts, read 3,379,498 times
I saw on a job application under contact info, "In case of an emergency call"....and the answer they gave was "911"

Old 12-05-2017, 05:57 AM

6,704 posts, read 5,933,155 times
At least they didn't ask you what kind of kitchen appliance you'd like to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment