Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2018, 01:15 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I can't wait for them to revoke the H4 EAD. That'll free up over 100,000 jobs overnight.
^ This

Old 03-08-2018, 01:18 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
Yes, the system needs to be reformed out of existence as greedy US based companies and crooked body shops like Tata mistreat and abuse Americans and Indians alike.
yep and H2B which Trump uses to staff his resorts should include a requirement that before the application can be approved the jobs have be listed with the local EDD and screened by that agency and have them certify that there were no qualified citizens who applied for the job rather than allowing employers to run a tiny ad in a low circulation paper with a bad phone number to make sure they don't get applicants

Old 03-08-2018, 01:19 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,587,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyforger View Post
I have no idea about H2B ...So I won't comment on it.

As far as H1B is concerned, you should look at the global supply of Computer Science Engineers. If there are people who are ready to work for 20k outside of US, it doesn't make sense for a US citizen to ask 150K for doing the same job.

So, there is supply and demand at global level. Wages are going to decrease with or without H1B.

Problem is, H1Bs are targeted since people don't understand basic economics.

To counter this, US born nationals need to ditch expensive schools and get trained for as low as possible to become more competitive. If bachelors is a must, get it done for as cheap as possible. Go overseas if it makes financial sense.

Once you are ready, get trained on the technology you want to enter into.

Remember though...If you are spending more than 500$ to get trained in IT, you are spending too much.
Ok [mod cut], then why are they complaining that Americans aren't good enough because we're too stupid or something in college and that they need foreigners, what they really mean, even based on what you said is "We're greedy bastards and want to pay [mod cut] $20K to save money so we can buy more yachts." That way, Americans won't bother to get STEM degrees. Instead, Americans are going into debt because of the deceit of these companies, and, if I had my way, they'd be required to pay restitution to all the unemployed STEM gradates who couldn't get hired because of their greed and were led to go into STEM based on corporate and college false advertising.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 03-08-2018 at 09:50 PM.. Reason: Name-calling; racist.

Old 03-08-2018, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
yep and H2B which Trump uses to staff his resorts should include a requirement that before the application can be approved the jobs have be listed with the local EDD and screened by that agency and have them certify that there were no qualified citizens who applied for the job rather than allowing employers to run a tiny ad in a low circulation paper with a bad phone number to make sure they don't get applicants
The federal government itself is using H1B workers illegally, so I'm sure the US Department of Cheap Labor is in on the scheme.

Old 03-08-2018, 01:23 PM

Quote:
I don't think you have the right to tell someone to leave when your ancestors are here illegally. Actually, if you don't like the system that made America great, you are free to leave.
USA has no place for people who work against its development and try to bring her down.

Its not your system. Entitlement mentality won't get you anywhere buddy.
BS! I'm tired of pulling the "our ancestors" card to justify displacing Americans! You liberals and corporatists will either have to change your ways or we'll start constructing guillotines!

Old 03-08-2018, 01:40 PM

932 posts, read 543,381 times
Quote:
Yes, the system needs to be reformed out of existence as greedy US based companies and crooked body shops like Tata mistreat and abuse Americans and Indians alike.
The system itself is like that.
Most H1Bs hate companies like Wipro,Infosys ,TATA, Cognizent, HCL (WITCH) etc.

Most of them refuse to work for them.
I refused couple offers from them through my career.

I was once told that I would receive a call from a confidential company for a Senior Developer position.
And it ended out to be Tata. I just hung up.

Don't bundle H1Bs with those companies.

They are able to exploit H1Bs due to the loopholes in immigration system.

There are 2 separate issues. No wonder its difficult to resolve.

Old 03-08-2018, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Ok [snip], then why are they complaining that Americans aren't good enough because we're too stupid or something in college and that they need foreigners, what they really mean, even based on what you said is "We're greedy bastards and want to pay [bleep]$20K to save money so we can buy more yachts." That way, Americans won't bother to get STEM degrees. Instead, Americans are going into debt because of the deceit of these companies, and, if I had my way, they'd be required to pay restitution to all the unemployed STEM gradates who couldn't get hired because of their greed and were led to go into STEM based on corporate and college false advertising.
False advertising is everywhere buddy.
Life isn't fair. Please do fight back so that it gets changed.

Education system all over the world is outdated and needs reform. I got screwed too...so I do understand the pain.
Hope Amazon gets into Education as well

Last edited by PJSaturn; 03-08-2018 at 09:51 PM..

Old 03-08-2018, 01:58 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,213,138 times
Quote:
The system itself is like that.
Most H1Bs hate companies like Wipro,Infosys ,TATA, Cognizent, HCL (WITCH) etc.

Most of them refuse to work for them.
I refused couple offers from them through my career.

Don't bundle H1Bs with those companies.

They are able to exploit H1Bs due to the loopholes in immigration system.

There are 2 separate issues. No wonder its difficult to resolve.
No they are not 2 separate issues. Workers for the big outsourcing firms like Tata *are* H1Bs. There is no bundling to it. They are one and the same.

Old 03-08-2018, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I can't wait for them to revoke the H4 EAD. That'll free up over 100,000 jobs overnight.
Yeah and H1s as well. So that we can go back go back to our countries and stay together

Right now, our lives back home are disrupted due to high real estate costs and the only way someone can dream of buying a house is by coming to US.

Once your friends and family start to leave, you would be compelled to leave since you will start feeling lonely.

US is disrupting the lives of people from the rest of the world for its own greed and them putting them in limbo.

For example, if GCs are given on per country basis limit of 7%, why accept H1Bs in huge numbers from one country?

Right now there is a 250 year wait time to get a Green Card.

Old 03-08-2018, 02:16 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,213,138 times
Quote:
US is disrupting the lives of people from the rest of the world for its own greed and them putting them in limbo.
Yes, because every day Seal Team Six descends upon Mumbai and abducts dozens of young techies, brings them back to America, and forces them to work for just 10x the wages of their comrades left behind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment