Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2018, 05:13 AM

1,660 posts, read 1,209,955 times

Advertisements

Did your old boss quit because he had enough of the dancing employees too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2018, 06:06 AM

5,772 posts, read 3,222,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
I haven't been an employee in years. Wow, I guess I hadn't seen it all as far as coworkers goes. I have been working with a couple other coworkers and we split up on seperate projects. But I was then assigned to help another employee with a project that was taking longer than expected. This guy plays music loud and today started singing a couple times loudly a couple feet from where I was working. And he randomly marks my time card without permission.

This is a temp job I took to make a bit of extra money in my down season, as I am self employed and didn't want to do nothing when I had a lot of down time.

This guy runs to his phone every 15 mins to set up new songs to play, dances and just does various nonsense things I don't want to go one to list.

I walked out early today, marked may card, took my things, messaged the employment agency about their if there is a policy on coworkers marking other employees time cards without permission and if there were any other jobs they could send me to.

I just haven't given the final, "I quit" notice. Just wondering what I should say about this jack ass I work with. I'm not desperate for a job, so can't put up with this kind of environment. But I don't want to burn bridges with the employer or agency, not that that matters to me all that much.
I'm afraid that you need to develop a thicker skin. If getting the job done was the whole job, working would be easy. The rest of the job is putting up with the BS of those around you.

Old 03-11-2018, 09:37 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,742,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
I'm afraid that you need to develop a thicker skin. If getting the job done was the whole job, working would be easy. The rest of the job is putting up with the BS of those around you.
Ya, I agree to a point. But I weigh that with how I value the job and the likelihood of another job having the same issue. I've had several jobs and all others didn't have someone like that working there and without supervision to deal with it.

All said and done, I'm glad I left that job. I've found other opportunities.

I ended up getting a second interview early last week and they said that they like what they hear and see and think I'm a good fit, but the business doesn't open for a month. Same day, I had a first interview at another business. I got hired on the spot. These are just jobs. I have a business I'm working on also, which is my long term goal. I just want some guaranteed income as I work on the business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment