Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2018, 07:42 AM

189 posts, read 172,323 times

Advertisements

I know there isn’t really nothing I can do but I’m asking more so how you handle it mentally? It’s bothering me more and more. It all seem to start one day when people where talking about Trump. I said one thing to defend him (and I don’t need lectures about not discussing politics at work. I didn’t start it and only made one comment). She overheard me and went off really loud how he is f’n moron, racist etc. Ever since that day I notice the difference of how she treated me. She would barely acknowledge me, if people included me in a group conversation she would walk away. She would give everyone eye contact but me if we are in a lunch meeting and she was talking. If I talked she would refuse to pay attention. She would pretty much ignore me when trying to work with her on work related things. So one day my supervisor ask me to do something for her while she was out. This coworker took it over and did the work as I was trying to at the same time...when I offered to help she ignored me and then took the credit for it. Others witnessed how she treats me as well. I made the poor decision to address this with my supervisor. (I’ve never talked to management about anyone before). In a diplomatic way I stated that I feel there are some issues etc....my supervisor told her what I said and she completely denied everything and my supervisor came back to me saying that my coworker was shocked at what I had said and that she didn’t do anything wrong and there is nothing she could do. She offered to have my coworker and I sit down and talk but I declined since it would all just backfire on me. Now she hasn’t spoken a word to me in 7 months and sits right next to me. When she leaves at the end of the day (she leaves earlier than others) she purposely says goodnight to everyone by name except me. It’s really childish and petty. I’m assuming her treating me like crap is because I defended Trump, and after I spoke to my supervisor about our issues (no I didn’t mention anything political when I spoke to her) she probably thinks I’m racist. (She is black)....which is definitely not the case. There have been many issues with her throughout the years from what I’ve heard....constant absences, tons of personal calls. Treating people badly....but all they do is defend her and kiss her butt. People who say they can’t stand her are so overly friendly towards her. And she is so phony when ever managers are by her desk. And also has to make herself seem very important. I think it’s all do to the fact that she has been there over 30 years? And she always makes it known how she has been there that long and earned her time off etc....also do you think it was the right thing that my supervisor told my coworker what I said or that it was me who said it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2018, 07:43 AM

199 posts, read 165,946 times
I didn't read all of that, but I've had a few co-workers who have obviously hated me over the years.

You just do your job and ignore their BS. Now if your boss hates you, then you have a problem.

Old 01-28-2018, 07:43 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,535,425 times
Treat them how Jim treats Dwight on The Office.

Old 01-28-2018, 08:01 AM

12,847 posts, read 9,055,079 times
We have a person in our office like that. She runs hot and cold and if you get on her $%& list, watch out. The problem of course is she is in a central position in our office so much work has to go through her for the boss's signature. She can and has directly sabotaged people's work if she doesn't like them in various ways.

Now here's the kicker. Everyone in the office knows she is like that including the boss. But she has filed preemptory harassment and discrimination complains against every supervisor she's had since being in our office (that's four different supervisors). So she's golden. Anyone who says anything to her about her behavior or performance is automatically guilty of retaliation for her harassment complaint. OP, you mentioned your boss really didn't do much, something like that could be why.

Old 01-28-2018, 08:05 AM

There are rumors she has tried to sue the company a few times.

Old 01-28-2018, 08:05 AM

4,633 posts, read 3,465,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnff View Post
But she has filed preemptory harassment and discrimination complains against every supervisor she's had since being in our office (that's four different supervisors). So she's golden.
Too bad she doesn't work for my employer. They'd take care of her swiftly.

Old 01-28-2018, 09:02 AM

You think they would fire these people who cause so many issues but I guess not.

Old 01-28-2018, 09:07 AM

199 posts, read 165,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian75 View Post
You think they would fire these people who cause so many issues but I guess not.
I've worked with all sorts of odious people who were untouchable, long-term employees.

They either have it in good with one of the higher-ups and/or they are so good at their jobs that management doesn't want to replace them. People who "make it rain" will keep their jobs regardless of how they behave.

Old 01-28-2018, 09:16 AM

2,819 posts, read 2,585,020 times
Keep it professional and otherwise ignore her. And focus on those who like you and your life outside of work. But having worked with someone like that I was pretty glad the day I resigned from that job! If it’s going to keep wearing on you I would definitely send some resumes out and try to get out of there!

Old 01-28-2018, 09:36 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,249,640 times
Sport this to work.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment