Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2018, 02:31 AM

4,950 posts, read 2,705,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
If you're a volunteer report it to the person that provided you with the assignment. They will then be able to take it to the administration. I'm going to bet that administration is aware and the teacher is still there due to the teacher's union sticking up for her. I've seen a few staff members in my time at school that should not be teachers but are still at said campus due to protections in their contract.
Agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2018, 02:44 AM

4,950 posts, read 2,705,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquildreamer95 View Post
is it ok for her to behave this way in front of students in class? is it just me or is think troubling?
No it is not ok for the teacher's aide to behave that way. I am a retiree, but took a substitute teacher job for some extra cash and for fun. I am in many schools and see a lot. Teacher's aides work for teachers and are at their beck and call. Teachers tell the aides what to do and the aides are always respectful and carry out their assignments well. So it is not normal for this aide to be acting like you said. I don't see why the teachers put up with that and don't put her in her place. Maybe the aide is being protected by a union. But teacher's unions are for teachers and not for teacher's aides.

Old 02-02-2018, 02:54 AM

927 posts, read 968,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquildreamer95 View Post
I volunteer at an ECE department in a school, there's this one teachers aid who really bothers me.
heres literally what she does,

She will literally walk into the room and start to talking to other teachers about how she takes sleeping pills and how she punched out and broke the windows in her house. she also talks a lot about her personal life while there is class going on in the ECE room. she also makes fun of other teachers and special ed and disabled students. She has called teachers retarded right to there face in front of students who have down syndrome and everything condition you can think of. One time there was this girl with down syndrome on the computer laughing at a screen watching some video on you tube and she says to the aid, guess what I saw that was funny? and the teachers aid said " you saw your face". she does this kin do stuff every time I go and volunteer, she will curse in front of students and tell students to shut up constantly. should I do something about this situation?
This is a bad person. I think she needs some attention brought to light about her. I would report her for sure, she has no business working with children. Children need good role models, she is not!

Old 02-02-2018, 04:27 AM

99 posts, read 82,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
If you're a volunteer report it to the person that provided you with the assignment. They will then be able to take it to the administration. I'm going to bet that administration is aware and the teacher is still there due to the teacher's union sticking up for her. I've seen a few staff members in my time at school that should not be teachers but are still at said campus due to protections in their contract.
Having been a teacher who left before tenure (voluntarily, was sick of the politics), I can tell you once you're tenured, the union makes it impossible for a school to fire you. Honestly, this teacher would have to be found guilty of something truly heinous, like sex with a student with proof like sexts or video, in order to be fired. That's how it is, the teacher's union is basically the mob, and they run the public school system.

Old 02-02-2018, 04:44 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,860,321 times
If you work in a state licensed facility you're legally responsible to report abuse or maltreatment of vulnerable adults and minors.

You are a Mandated Reporter which means, if you witness this behavior and do nothing, you are also at fault and held responsible.

Contact your state's Department of Human Services to file a report, you can remain anonymous to those involved.

Old 02-02-2018, 07:11 AM

1,299 posts, read 822,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post

You know what's worse than a snitch? People who cover for someone like who the OP describes.
Exactly. They work with a vulnerable group of people who need protection from horrible humans like the ECE.

This is not a typical workplace, where I agree, snitches are annoying.

Old 02-02-2018, 07:40 AM

20,726 posts, read 16,349,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
Snitches are the lowest form of life on the planet.
So say the truly guilty who are snitched upon.

Old 02-02-2018, 08:13 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,581,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
Snitches are the lowest form of life on the planet.
Lower than people who mock disabled children? Hmmm...maybe not.

Old 02-02-2018, 08:30 AM

1,289 posts, read 937,218 times
Find out from Child Protective Services (or whatever it is called in your area) if you are a mandated reporter. Depending on what state you work in you might or might not be, since you are a volunteer. If you are a mandated reporter and it's learned that you didn't speak up about this verbally abusive situation then you could be in trouble. If you're not mandated, you're still encouraged to report. For the sake of the children and yourself say something to CPS and do it soon. Talking to the principal or the teacher does not fulfill the state requirement. Instead, report directly to child welfare/CPS. They will take it from there. You don't have to be right, you just have to report if you feel something is wrong.

Old 02-02-2018, 08:36 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,518,461 times
Yes. Report it now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment