Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2018, 12:22 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,742,370 times

Advertisements

I was working at the shop yesterday and saw a large bug that had been crushed in the machine. Reminded me of a co-worker in a cabinet shop. He'd had served in the military. Was a medical aide and yet, if he saw a squashed bug, he'd start dry heaving....

Have you ever had co-workers with such idiosyncrasy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2018, 01:07 PM

5,182 posts, read 5,217,585 times
Priscilla would at least two times a week pull off a fake sneeze. It was more like an ear-splitting squeal. At first, people on the floor laughed, but after a while it got tiresome. Still she'd keep it up and look around the floor hoping to see if someone, anyone, reacted.

Very juvenile, especially for someone in her 50s and even into her 60s (before finally retiring) but she was a lonely old soul who needed attention. The thing is that she was well-educated and had a well-paying, responsible position as a disability adjudicator.

Poor old Prissy, probably no longer with us, ripping off fake sneezes up in heaven.

Old 02-24-2018, 01:14 PM

4,196 posts, read 6,278,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert Hall '62 View Post
Priscilla would at least two times a week pull off a fake sneeze. It was more like an ear-splitting squeal. At first, people on the floor laughed, but after a while it got tiresome. Still she'd keep it up and look around the floor hoping to see if someone, anyone, reacted.

Very juvenile, especially for someone in her 50s and even into her 60s (before finally retiring) but she was a lonely old soul who needed attention. The thing is that she was well-educated and had a well-paying, responsible position as a disability adjudicator.

Poor old Prissy, probably no longer with us, ripping off fake sneezes up in heaven.
...or in hell.....

Old 02-24-2018, 04:25 PM

23,015 posts, read 18,343,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgustedman View Post
I was working at the shop yesterday and saw a large bug that had been crushed in the machine. Reminded me of a co-worker in a cabinet shop. He'd had served in the military. Was a medical aide and yet, if he saw a squashed bug, he'd start dry heaving....

Have you ever had co-workers with such idiosyncrasy?
Well, considering that working in a group means you have to share time and space with other humans, chances are they have idiosyncrasies. Some are annoying. Some are funny. Most of them are easily ignored. I had a co-worker who was addicted to the filler phrase "in regards to...". She used it hundreds of times a day. Drove me nuts for the few seconds I stewed over it.

Old 02-27-2018, 01:27 PM

1,660 posts, read 1,201,599 times
Farting , belching, nosepicking, clipping nails

Old 02-27-2018, 01:32 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,155,549 times
I usually ignore my co-workers' idiosyncrasies unless they're truly disruptive, which is rare. They usually do me the courtesy of ignoring mine in return.

Old 02-27-2018, 01:54 PM

2,274 posts, read 1,330,319 times
I worked for a company and the owner had a serious hatred of popcorn. It was against the rules to bring it to work. A few people that thought the rule was silly were fired on the spot while it was still popping in the microwave. He also had a thing about personal items on desks, no photos, etc. were allowed.

Old 02-27-2018, 02:12 PM

12,713 posts, read 15,442,840 times
A woman I work with greets everyone, everyday, with a giant hug in our office. I had to flat out deny her on day 2 and say I wasn't a hugger but she's welcome to a fist bump.

Last edited by Mr_Geek; 02-27-2018 at 02:33 PM..

Old 02-27-2018, 02:28 PM

4,196 posts, read 6,278,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
A woman I work with greets everyone, everyday, with a giant hug in our office. I had to flat out deny her on day 2 and say I wasn't a hugger and she's welcome to a fist bump.
That is so weird....

Old 02-27-2018, 02:41 PM

2,884 posts, read 4,967,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
A woman I work with greets everyone, everyday, with a giant hug in our office. I had to flat out deny her on day 2 and say I wasn't a hugger and she's welcome to a fist bump.
That's awful! I have a coworker that greets everybody by name as she goes down the aisle. It's kind of annoying when you're in the middle of something that's demanding a lot of attention and you have to respond back to her. It would be completely different if she just said a general good morning to everybody, but I feel like if somebody uses your name that you have to respond, and that she's demanding your attention. The other thing she does is we'll have a meeting with 3 people and she'll use my name 10 times in a 5 minute conversation. I *know* my name and I know *she* knows my name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment