Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2018, 02:20 PM

497 posts, read 422,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMD3819 View Post
OP-What country are you in?

It seems to me your coworker is high maintenance and this will never end since management allows it.

My other thought is the coworker is sleeping with someone higher up which is why this behavior is tolerated. OTOH it might just be poor management.

What is your work environment like? Do you work with others or just this one person? What do others think of the current situation? Are they worried for their jobs?
Hi,
The coworker, I suspect, is not sleeping around and middle aged woman. I suspect she and her husband don't have sex as he also has mental health issues and is very edgy like her.

I've stated her background information, how many people work in our department and I have coworkers in other departments who strongly encouraged I take time off from work as they saw how bad it was for me.

It is poor management with lack of training and hard core personality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2018, 02:30 PM

3,418 posts, read 7,788,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torontobase View Post
Hi,
The coworker, I suspect, is not sleeping around and middle aged woman. I suspect she and her husband don't have sex as he also has mental health issues and is very edgy like her.

I've stated her background information, how many people work in our department and I have coworkers in other departments who strongly encouraged I take time off from work as they saw how bad it was for me.

It is poor management with lack of training and hard core personality.
Crazy at work and double crazy at home. You are in a no win situation unless she leaves or you can transfer.

What country are you in? I only ask because someone mentioned FMLA but that won't help if not in the US. Someone here may be familiar with employment laws and other options not applicable to the US.

She is a contract employee, correct? When is her contract up?

Old 04-08-2018, 04:00 PM

I have an update.

It appears that my coworker couldn't handle the work alone (which is understandable) and caused more grief to our reporting manager. I also found out that majority of employees called in sick on the first day that I called in sick, which caused my manager some grief.

When I came back from my sick leave, it didn't appear that anything has changed until the following day. We are getting an extra employee to help us, our manager is being transferred.

There are some other issues, but I rather not get into it since there are some positive things going on at work.

Thanks for all your support.

Old 04-08-2018, 04:25 PM

4,964 posts, read 2,711,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torontobase View Post
I have an update.

It appears that my coworker couldn't handle the work alone (which is understandable) and caused more grief to our reporting manager. I also found out that majority of employees called in sick on the first day that I called in sick, which caused my manager some grief.

When I came back from my sick leave, it didn't appear that anything has changed until the following day. We are getting an extra employee to help us, our manager is being transferred.

There are some other issues, but I rather not get into it since there are some positive things going on at work.

Thanks for all your support.
I am glad that there is some positive news. Good luck with everything else! Hope everything works out.

Old 04-09-2018, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusinessManIT View Post
I am glad that there is some positive news. Good luck with everything else! Hope everything works out.
Thank you so much!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment