Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2018, 06:52 PM

4,971 posts, read 2,712,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Give it a week and then call back if you really want the job.

Myself, I have never reached back out to any company I interviewed with. If I don't hear back from them in a week or so, I mentally cross them out.
I agree with Suburban_Guy. Don't sweat it. Keep going with new interviews and don't look back.

Old 04-05-2018, 02:32 PM

19 posts, read 12,676 times
the application status changed and says I am no longer considered for the job, does it matter if I just apply for the same company and another job position? They have several with the same job title and other job positions with other job titles. I already applied for them.

Old 04-05-2018, 03:00 PM

1,616 posts, read 1,808,103 times
i got a call from a job i interviewed for 5 years ago! didn't remember it anyway

Old 04-06-2018, 03:50 PM

3,099 posts, read 2,003,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan2018 View Post
the application status changed and says I am no longer considered for the job, does it matter if I just apply for the same company and another job position? They have several with the same job title and other job positions with other job titles. I already applied for them.
I like your spirit.

I've applied for a number of jobs with the same company. They were all the same job title, but in different states & since I'd gone through 4-6 interviews for each successive job, I took it as a good sign I was qualified. After reapplying, I was chosen for a host of interviews for 1/2-dozen jobs, but ultimately didn't get the jobs. Why, I don't know.

But, that seems normal for me... I can get interviews, even though it's tough, but after a handful of them for each job, I don't get hired. Still, what have we got to lose? We need jobs, so apply, do your best & great luck!

Old 04-06-2018, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by papichulo2 View Post
i got a call from a job i interviewed for 5 years ago! didn't remember it anyway
You might be the 1st genuine case of teleportation.

I'm still hoping to be teleported back to when Al Pacino was 29 & in Serpico... & of course, he adores me... & helps me get a bleedin' job.

Old 04-06-2018, 04:16 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,787,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by papichulo2 View Post
I once was told I didn't get the job 9 months after I applied. Sent them a snarky response thanking them for informing me of that.

Old 04-07-2018, 09:15 AM

I really don't understand why I didn't get the job. I applied for that job over a month ago. So I am sure they interviewed many people. I got the interview because they looked at my resume and determined I am qualified. No experience is even required. The job is still posted on the site.... the same position is posted 3 times so they are looking for 3 people to hire. All of them have been there for over a month. I just applied again for the same position at another location with the same company.

Old 04-07-2018, 12:22 PM

Quote:
I really don't understand why I didn't get the job.
Neither do I or most job applicants. Sift through this forum for answers to that q & google for answers to the same q. You'll find a plethora of reasons. How many applied for it, who were equally as qualified or more qualified? It could have been 200. How many lived closer to the job site? It could have been 100. Was a job even available... yeah, that's a consideration, too. Maybe they had their eye on an internal candidate, but employment laws dictate that they must advertise to the public, so they did just that, yet had no intention of hiring out of the company.

You will never know why with the vast majority of jobs for which you've applied. Just keep moving forward. Once I apply for a job, I forget about it & just keep moving onto the next. That's why I print off cover letters & CVs, along with the job description & keep them in a file. Sometimes I'm contacted several weeks later & it's a nice refresher. As someone else mentioned in this thread, I was contacted 3-yrs later for a management job... I had to reply to the email, asking which job he was looking to fill.

Forget about it. Move forward. Eventually, the best job will appear. Don't know if this will help or if you'll dismiss it, but my philosophy is if I don't get contacted for an interview or aren't chosen for a job, it is being moved out of my way because it's not the perfect fit for me. This way, I don't feel sad I'm not chosen & just keep the same pace for applying for other positions. Basically, it doesn't matter why... it's not your job... move forward. Good luck!

Old 04-07-2018, 12:34 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,787,311 times
Quote:
I really don't understand why I didn't get the job. I applied for that job over a month ago. So I am sure they interviewed many people. I got the interview because they looked at my resume and determined I am qualified. No experience is even required. The job is still posted on the site.... the same position is posted 3 times so they are looking for 3 people to hire. All of them have been there for over a month. I just applied again for the same position at another location with the same company.
The reasons you didn't get the job could be they didn't like how you looked, eye color, facial hair (Or the lack of it) there's 1 billion reasons and one of them cost you the job. Just keep plugging away.

I'm now getting emails from Lowe's and Home Depot for interviews and I applied 3 months ago with them. I'm working now so I don't respond, but you can see how crazy it is now....

Old 04-07-2018, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Typical.Girl View Post
Neither do I or most job applicants. Sift through this forum for answers to that q & google for answers to the same q. You'll find a plethora of reasons. How many applied for it, who were equally as qualified or more qualified? It could have been 200. How many lived closer to the job site? It could have been 100. Was a job even available... yeah, that's a consideration, too. Maybe they had their eye on an internal candidate, but employment laws dictate that they must advertise to the public, so they did just that, yet had no intention of hiring out of the company.

You will never know why with the vast majority of jobs for which you've applied. Just keep moving forward. Once I apply for a job, I forget about it & just keep moving onto the next. That's why I print off cover letters & CVs, along with the job description & keep them in a file. Sometimes I'm contacted several weeks later & it's a nice refresher. As someone else mentioned in this thread, I was contacted 3-yrs later for a management job... I had to reply to the email, asking which job he was looking to fill.

Forget about it. Move forward. Eventually, the best job will appear. Don't know if this will help or if you'll dismiss it, but my philosophy is if I don't get contacted for an interview or aren't chosen for a job, it is being moved out of my way because it's not the perfect fit for me. This way, I don't feel sad I'm not chosen & just keep the same pace for applying for other positions. Basically, it doesn't matter why... it's not your job... move forward. Good luck!
this is the only company that has the job I want, this is the only company that I can actually work in due to a medical condition
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment