Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2018, 04:57 PM

51 posts, read 51,101 times

Advertisements

Hi, so I recently had an interview and the interviewer wanted me to come in for a second interview. told me there is a job application that I would need to fill out and the person who interviewed me asked if I had time to do it now, I began to do it, but there was much information I needed to fill in regarding background checks and signing a copy of a policy which was not included or given to me in the application packet. I needed to go to work and then requested a copy of my partially filled in application, both for my records and to read through it more thoroughly before submitting it in a rush

Long story short, I asked for a copy of my partially filled out paper application, and the ladies in HR refused. I asked if I could take it with me to complete and then fax it or mail it in, and they insisted that they hold on to it, as-is.

Incomplete application aside, has anyone ever been refused a copy of their initial application? Or am I the only person who is anal about keeping my records?

Note, in the past I have done applications online, allowing me to view them when they are complete and print out a copy, heck the employers even give you a PDF of your completed application for me to have on record.

I realize that this may be unusual to some people but judgments aside, I am just looking for an answer about other people's experience requesting a copy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2018, 06:05 PM

35,060 posts, read 31,278,237 times
I doubt the company would provide it out of their HR database. It is probably considered proprietary at that point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment