Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2018, 06:33 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,312,234 times

Advertisements

I've only had one or two that I strongly disliked. One was the boss' daughter who was trying to prove her authority with stupid things like walking by my desk and telling me to cover my typewriter (remember those) when I'm not using it despite the fact that it was the middle of the day.

Then there's the boss who thought nothing of sitting in my office yakking away while I had work to do necessitating I stay late or come in for a hours on the weekend to get my work finished. I was younger then and didn't have the guts to say something but these days I sure would have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2018, 08:42 AM

12,847 posts, read 9,050,725 times
Only had one over my career that I truly HATE. The man wasn't just a bad boss, he was proactively mean. Harrassed female employees. Verbally and emotionally abused staff. Constantly drunk at work. Had a high level buddy that covered for him and when his buddy retired, he left within weeks.

Had some that were incompetent, and some I had no use for, but he's the only one I hated and still hate 15 years later.

Old 04-23-2018, 11:25 AM

11,760 posts, read 14,652,372 times
In my entire organization (70-80 total employees) I think there are a few that I like less than others, but I really like just about everybody.

Old 04-23-2018, 12:04 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,672,505 times
Never hated anyone... there was a manager I was always butting heads with for a time... we were on the same level but she always wanted to be into everything...

I finally said fine and and put her in the loop and it wasn't a few months later she went on vacation and never came back... I think she realized she was out her area of expertise... HR really doesn't have a clue when it comes to engineering...

About once a decade someone will come along that is difficult... they generally don't last long in a medical environment.... maybe I have just been blessed that way.

Old 04-23-2018, 01:42 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,785,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Person in Charge View Post
4 bosses ("senior" and "manager" job titles):

Like 1, tolerate 1, hate 2

8 coworkers (bottom of totem pole "staff"):

Like 4, tolerate 2, hate 2
Supervisor Like much. Direct, honest and he'll admit when he screws up.

All my co-workers also.

If I stay late, that's dayshift and that mydeal friend is the #$%^&show of #$%^&shows!

Old 04-23-2018, 01:43 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,132,239 times
Quote:

I pretty much like everybody I work with. My husband on the other hand, hates everybody, and I get to hear about it - non-stop.

Old 04-23-2018, 02:00 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,986,308 times
you have tolerate all the nutjobs, lunatics, sociopaths, and unqualified LAZY idiots who got jobs because of mommy or daddy unfortunately, until you're lucky enough to find another job.. Hopefully

Old 04-23-2018, 02:34 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,900,399 times
Pretty lucky, I work with some excellent people, all of them.

Old 04-23-2018, 03:49 PM

17,574 posts, read 13,350,601 times
Quote:

For being "Person in Charge" you have a lot of anger. Hate????

Old 04-24-2018, 06:30 AM

1,943 posts, read 1,489,069 times
I've only had one boss who I actually hated. She was an excellent grant writer/fundraiser, which was her only qualification to run the program I worked for. She was a terrible manager and a person not even her mother probably liked. She was hated by the entire staff who worked for her and we all bonded over our shared disdain for her. We had a supervisor for awhile who helped insulate us from her ridiculousness, but then he left and she took over direct supervision duties of our work. She drove a group of us absolutely crazy with the way she did things, and we complained to our director. Our director basically told us in subtle ways that she knew the issues but wouldn't touch her because of how much money she brought in to the organization. So we were left to our own devices, and she found out about our meeting. Our lives were made a living hell for the next two months until we were told that the three of us who complained would not be getting a contract renewal, and out the door we went.

All my other bosses I've had I have been, at worst indifferent to, and at best willing to follow them to the gates of hell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment