U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-06-2009, 07:35 PM

9,000 posts, read 8,603,642 times
People who bring really smelly foods for lunch....
Those who subject everyone in the break room to their personal drama.
Those who talk really loud on their phone or to other people in the break room.

There is this girl I work with, who is not the most attractive person in the world, who always has some kind of drama going on with a guy and him cheating on her, all the while she is talking to other guys.
It seems like she just wants everyone to know all her drama. She talks SO loud. I just want to slap her. She also curses a lot which is not cute at all on a female. I understand there are certain situations where a curse word just feels SOO right but every other word? Come on now!

She sat next to me on Sunday and she sounded somewhat professional on the phone but off the phone....she sounds like she has no home training whatsoever.

I can generally be a nice person but yesterday I only did this because I wanted the woman to leave me alone.
She doesn't know my name and I don't know hers. I was sitting by myself, minding my own business, and she comes to the table and asks, "Are you texting someone?" [it was obvious I was...] "Can I use your phone?" she asks. I just let her so she'll leave me alone. She calls about 3 different numbers and then sends someone a text on my phone. She then bugs me for the next two to three minutes, "Has he texted back?" "Nope, I'd let you know if he did." "Do you have an old cell phone you want to sell?" "No, I gave it to my cousin." <<the truth "Oh."

Next time, you're on your own.

This is why most of the time I just take my breaks in my car.
It was too cold last night and I'm not going to pollute the air and waste gas by idling just so my car can warm up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2009, 09:47 AM

1,915 posts, read 4,212,009 times
Not using the "mute" button during teleconference calls.

I hate it when people leave their phone on and you can hear them cough, clear their throat, swallow, etc. Plus, if attendees aren't muted, they feel the need to comment. On every. single. thing. Makes it really easy to hear the person who is actually holding the meeting.

Old 01-08-2009, 01:08 PM

19,127 posts, read 14,129,452 times
This probably doesn't apply to most people here...but my biggest pet peeve at the moment is people ordering the wrong thing, and blaming it on me.

They give me a part number, I order it. If the part doesn't exist, I call an engineer and find the correct number. I'm really good at it. People from OTHER companies call me to find parts for them.

But if you give me the incorrect part number, and it comes up as a real part I will order it without hesitation. When it comes in and you realize that it isn't the correct part, do NOT blame it on me. Do you KNOW how many parts are on an aircraft? Quite a few, and I can't memorize them nor can I know exactly what you're talking about, since most of the parts are labeled as 'bolt' or 'nut'.

Also, it's not my fault if a fedex plane is grounded somewhere because of weather or mechanical issues. Do not blame the parts gal.

Old 01-08-2009, 02:33 PM

6,270 posts, read 12,099,791 times
pet peeve--co-workers who whistle and hum!!!!!!!!!!! WTF??!! Humming? Whistling??!!When did that become the thing to do? I swear I have never encountered it until recently and not one but 2 of my former co-workers did it. Whether the radio was on or NOT! If the radio is on-friggen sing if you must.....but humming and whistling is just NuTs!
And don't get me started on the perfume..........
And the behind the back talking about other co-workers. Childish crap.
And the stinky foods they bring into the office, sit at their desk to eat em!! OMG! I would take my food outside and/or to my car if there was no breakroom.
The drama and revealing their personal information.........like-do I look like friggen Dear Abby??
And in reference to peeve #3........yes I did tell them not to talk to me about so and so and if they would talk about so and so I assume they would me also and so feel free to tell me to my face.

Old 01-08-2009, 02:57 PM

359 posts, read 744,055 times
Someone that hovers over your desk and talks for an hour with no end. Have dealt with it and it drove me nuts.

Old 01-08-2009, 02:59 PM

943 posts, read 2,298,775 times
A CO-worker who isnt your boss, but one that tells you what to do.. and you just go with it 'cuse you know your boss likes the other person more then he likes you.

Old 01-08-2009, 06:19 PM

253 posts, read 705,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
2 faced people. I forgot how stupid the office environment can be. Nice to your face then "did you see what Suzie was wearing today?"
Grow up--this is not first grade.

People who assume you should know what you are doing after being on the job a few days. People who compare you to 'old what's her name' who was awesome but never did another job in 25 years.

Gossip and 'she said' is my number one pet peeve. I have learned to 'say nothing' and 'trust no one.'
The ones I bolded are the biggest issues and annoyances. You get a lot of smiling faces but find out that people are fake to the bone. You can honestly not trust anyone. The corporate world is all about that stuff, which is one of the reasons it doesn't really suit my personality.

I am a straight-shooter. I appreciate and value integrity and authenticity. You rarely get this in a corporate environment.

Old 01-08-2009, 06:24 PM

253 posts, read 705,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetucson View Post
Someone that hovers over your desk and talks for an hour with no end. Have dealt with it and it drove me nuts.
You get people doing this when they want to impress the manager or higher-ups. They feel the need to micro-manage and show off their skills. These types also mimic any corporate behavior they can and befriend all of the "key players" in the office. During meetings, they always make sure to one-up fellow co-workers so they shine in comparison no matter how soulless it seems. Their job is to french kiss and make love to the rear ends of all who matter and they will pull power plays when necessary regardless of how sociopathic it looks and is, so this includes micro-managing other co-workers to accomplish these goals.

It's one thing to get the recognition one deserves and to make sure you get noticed in a sea of corporate employee numbers which is understandable, but these types go far beyond that.

Old 01-09-2009, 02:23 PM

9,258 posts, read 11,296,155 times
Guys who always bum a nip from your jar but never bring in a jar of their own. Then on top of that they'll complain about the kind of whiskey you bring and ask why you don't bring some brandy.

Old 01-09-2009, 02:40 PM

31 posts, read 130,033 times
I find people who are Board members, who wear big pants, but do not have a clue of how to fill them a waste of time. They show up to board meeting habitually late, do not know how to read a P/L statement, and make decisions and comments on things that they are clueless about. The newest one is they run to the latest Studer Conference and preach " team", but then go down the hall and ignor the cafeteria workers/others who feed not only the staff, but the patients at this hospital.

What a joke. If they knew better they might feel some shame. What would help is getting all senior mgmt who have business backrounds as a requirement for their positions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment