U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-26-2008, 09:26 PM
 
74 posts, read 426,352 times
Reputation: 155
Default Things people do at work that ANNOY you - lets make a list

I'll start:

It drives me crazy when this one co-worker ALWAYS has to announce to the world what she smells.

"I smell whiteout. Is someone using whiteout?"
"I smell coffee. Is someone drinking coffee"
"I smell cologne. Is soomeone wearing cologne"

OMGGGGGGGG.... I just want to slap her!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-26-2008, 09:30 PM
 
Location: Lambs Book of Life
1,592 posts, read 3,055,162 times
Reputation: 621
Quote:
Things people do at work that ANNOY you
Breathe...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-26-2008, 09:51 PM
 
156 posts, read 381,628 times
Reputation: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxMover View Post
I'll start:

It drives me crazy when this one co-worker ALWAYS has to announce to the world what she smells.

"I smell whiteout. Is someone using whiteout?"
"I smell coffee. Is someone drinking coffee"
"I smell cologne. Is soomeone wearing cologne"

OMGGGGGGGG.... I just want to slap her!
too funny!
I need a tad comic relief on this forum [where I'm asking about relocation, relocation, relocation]. Let me think about this....hmmn...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-26-2008, 10:01 PM
 
156 posts, read 381,628 times
Reputation: 60
oh! I know 2 right off the bat! don't need to even think:

1) the helpdesk!!! my hypothesis: there are two kinds of IT folk: the true brainy nerds who are real nice, composed, cool, ask you all the right questions so that you don't have to keep repeating yourself a million different ways to try and prove that yes-indeed-the-'puter-really-IS-being-like-this-right-now. And then there are the idiots. heard someone say maybe they hire helpdesk guys right off the street - "hey, wanna job?" One time a gal rep asked me what my PC's number was, I told her and she entered it (to remote in), and couldnt remote in, so in her eyes it was all my fault. she had me repeat the number which i did super slowly. she did the very same thing: fail. she became super angry and asked once more. i calmly gave her it again. but, alas, to no avail, she shrieked at me that i was giving her the wrong number to which i said that 30 min. ago i just gave this number to another rep & he had no problem remoting in. she yelled again interrupting me by saying "will you stop talking!!" then "just GIVE ME THAT NUMBER!!!"
since she clearly wasn't good at numbers I told her kindly that i would not & hung up.

2) people who are messy around the coffee area. I almost slipped and landed on my back on the hard floor b/c s.one didn't clean up their spill.

Well, that's it for tonight. So much for comic relief, am kinda down now. ha!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-26-2008, 10:28 PM
b75
 
951 posts, read 2,261,196 times
Reputation: 311
hee hee - seriously have to agree sometimes (well a lot of the time)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Living View Post
Breathe...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-26-2008, 10:31 PM
b75
 
951 posts, read 2,261,196 times
Reputation: 311
People who don't make another pot of coffee or boil hot water & just leave a teensy bit left. It is called common courtesy - just pour the water in to make another pot while you leave so some poor schmuk (read me) doesn't have to wait to get it.

People who take your food from the fridge & eat it. C'mon now you know you didn't bring that with you this AM & the turkey sandwich fairy didn't make it drop from the sky - someone actually brought that in with the sole intention of eating it themselves. Don't you think someone will notice when they go to get their lunch that it is no longer there?!


People who type so loud you can hear them several offices down. Makes me want to make them wear mittens

People who have super loud conversations on the phone - noone cares!

People who try to be everyone's best friend - umm there is friendly & there is up my a-s. Just b/c we work together doesn't mean I'm going to be your new BFF

People who seem to loom around like an invisible shadow in the corner trying to surreptitiously overhear the latest gossip. Your not going to lose your job - beyond that quit worrying about everyone else's business & stop lurking in the corners. For God's sakes it is creepy!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah30:18 View Post
oh! I know 2 right off the bat! don't need to even think:

1) the helpdesk!!! my hypothesis: there are two kinds of IT folk: the true brainy nerds who are real nice, composed, cool, ask you all the right questions so that you don't have to keep repeating yourself a million different ways to try and prove that yes-indeed-the-'puter-really-IS-being-like-this-right-now. And then there are the idiots. heard someone say maybe they hire helpdesk guys right off the street - "hey, wanna job?" One time a gal rep asked me what my PC's number was, I told her and she entered it (to remote in), and couldnt remote in, so in her eyes it was all my fault. she had me repeat the number which i did super slowly. she did the very same thing: fail. she became super angry and asked once more. i calmly gave her it again. but, alas, to no avail, she shrieked at me that i was giving her the wrong number to which i said that 30 min. ago i just gave this number to another rep & he had no problem remoting in. she yelled again interrupting me by saying "will you stop talking!!" then "just GIVE ME THAT NUMBER!!!"
since she clearly wasn't good at numbers I told her kindly that i would not & hung up.

2) people who are messy around the coffee area. I almost slipped and landed on my back on the hard floor b/c s.one didn't clean up their spill.

Well, that's it for tonight. So much for comic relief, am kinda down now. ha!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2008, 03:59 AM
 
6,764 posts, read 13,605,806 times
Reputation: 4466
2 faced people. I forgot how stupid the office environment can be. Nice to your face then "did you see what Suzie was wearing today?"
Grow up--this is not first grade.

People who assume you should know what you are doing after being on the job a few days. People who compare you to 'old what's her name' who was awesome but never did another job in 25 years.

Gossip and 'she said' is my number one pet peeve. I have learned to 'say nothing' and 'trust no one.'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2008, 05:14 AM
 
2,243 posts, read 2,593,890 times
Reputation: 3179
I've worked with people who just would not shut up. It didn't matter if I was on the phone, headed to the restroom, or in the middle of another conversation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2008, 06:32 AM
 
Location: Moon Over Palmettos
5,970 posts, read 12,071,398 times
Reputation: 4762
People who conduct conference calls on speaker phone and either don't close doors to their offices, or use a headset.

People who use the last of the paper on a shared printer after printing a whole ream of documents, and then not replacing it. There you are waiting forever for your own document to finally move up in the queue, only to find out that the printer is out of paper, and your presentation is in 5 minutes!

People who CHARGE into the elevator before 1) looking if someone needs to get out or 2) everyone gets out. Geez!! I thought elevator courtesy meant let everyone out before trying to get in.

Corollary to the above: People who don't bother to hold the elevator when you're within breathing distance behind them.

People who chat with the cafeteria cashier about everything unrelated to food, while there is a mile long line snaking behind them.

People who take up more than 2 parking spaces in the employee parking lot!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-27-2008, 06:42 AM
 
6,586 posts, read 16,178,790 times
Reputation: 3002
Pipe smell. Tuna fish smell. At the same time.

A cube neighbor's screensaver that makes the sound of actual dolphins under water.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top