Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2018, 09:01 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,725,695 times

Advertisements

You "manufacture goods?" When you are not packing meat? What?

Please be clearer. What is your actual job?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2018, 11:32 PM

5,110 posts, read 3,070,200 times
I manufacture the types of containers that the meat goes in, when sent to to stores.

Old 05-29-2018, 11:29 PM

Well the situation has gotten worse and now the supervisors are fighting over me constantly cause one wants to put me to actual work, and the other wants me to keep on freezing and finding things to do, and do nothing really. So since the fights between them on who gets me, is becoming quite dramatic between the two of them, with me stuck in the middle, or is there anything I can do?

I am looking for a new job, but who knows how long that will be before I find one, so is there anything I can do in the meantime, to make this better?

Old 05-30-2018, 01:11 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,701,807 times
Don't you just love corporate welfare jobs? A lot of jobs you're basically being purposed to function as your manager's puppet. Some managers just love micro managing because it's their way of showing proof of their work as a manager or supervisor. It doesn't matter your wasting company time doing wasteful errands or throwing resources away as long as your manager is satisfied with your performance as their puppet.

Old 05-30-2018, 03:16 AM

23,297 posts, read 18,824,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
Well the situation has gotten worse and now the supervisors are fighting over me constantly cause one wants to put me to actual work, and the other wants me to keep on freezing and finding things to do, and do nothing really. So since the fights between them on who gets me, is becoming quite dramatic between the two of them, with me stuck in the middle, or is there anything I can do?

I am looking for a new job, but who knows how long that will be before I find one, so is there anything I can do in the meantime, to make this better?
I would stay out of the discussions completely. This is not your fight. The dirt they kick up could get on you otherwise. Do what you are directed to do and keep your mouth shut. Keep careful records of what each manager orders you to do, when, how frequently, and for how long. Just in case someone wants you to back up some claim. Don't take sides, stay impartial. Something between them will boil over and the whole mess will probably get resolved at a higher level. Then your situation may improve once that happens. The work is what it is...work. Stick to that.

Old 06-03-2018, 10:44 PM

Okay thanks, but it's too late for that I think cause the company wanted all the employees to fill out surveys on what can be improved and one of the things I wrote down that could be improved was for the meat department to not bring in employees from other departments, and have them not do anything but stand around all day, when other departments have work that need to be done.

I didn't mention supervisor names as to who was doing that, and I did not mention that it was me being kept from doing work in my department specifically, but they were inviting suggestions for how things could be improved and so I gave them one.

Also I feel like I am being to be pushed to the point where I am going snap and quit from this. This happened in my past three jobs prior to this where eventually I just snapped and quit cause I couldn't take it anymore. Perhaps factory/warehouse work is always like this and is run poorly.

Someone suggested to me on here, that if I wanted a job that was run better with more luxury, then I should go to school and get a degree or something. But just because factory jobs have people working in them that are uneducated and move up to supervisors and managers later on, are uneducated people really this illogical or incompetent in general when it comes to employees and production?

Also, people tell me that it's normal for people to hate their jobs and they still do it anyway, and I shouldn't allow myself to have a fuse that will eventually blow all the time. Even if I look for a new job, who knows how long that will be, and how do I keep my patients from running out and quitting in the mean time?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment