Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2018, 11:41 AM

50 posts, read 46,363 times

Advertisements

Don't give your ex-employer that kind of power. Only YOU wield that power and decide what to do with it. Don't give anyone that control without YOUR consent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2018, 05:58 AM

265 posts, read 155,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by posherbosher View Post
I don't know how to get over this previous job I had. I had an important role, but I was never trusted to make decisions, there was no budget to hire a large enough team to do what we needed to do and I was constantly questioned about my results. It felt like they made it impossible to be successful. And now I see that they're spending a ton of money on something that is stupid and wasteful and badly executed.

I've moved on to another company that is a much better fit and a role that I'm much happier with. It feels like I got divorced from a ****ty husband who just had a fancy new wedding. I'm bitter and I don't know how to let it go. Anyone experienced this? How to move on emotionally?
Why don't you just accept that some people do things better than you and you do some things better than others. Then again i never been outdone at any of my old jobs. I still am bitter about how i was treated with regard o pay and how it ended.... but so what ? it actually gives me a source of pleasure and introspection and even got me to improve myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment