Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2018, 09:52 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,034,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
One New York man is accused of slapping a Denny’s waitress on the bottom while his wife was in the bathroom. The 65-year-old may now spend up to a year in jail. On May 22, Clarence H. Locke Jr. arrived at Denny's in Rome with his wife around noon, sat down at one of staffer Jayme Adair’s tables, and ordered beverages, Newshub reports.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/64d8aa6...-arrested.html
Hate to bring politics , butt.....many old men feel empowered now..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2018, 09:55 PM

16,066 posts, read 21,138,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpaint View Post
It's up to the judge to determine the appropriate penalty, from the lowest to the highest allowed. It will be based on the guy's history, attitude, etc. Why do you feel so qualified to decide? For all you know, he could have done the same, similar, or worse things in the past. All I know is that in his picture, he doesn't exactly look like the sharpest knife in the drawer.
What is your deal? Where did I decide anything? I have one of you screaming at me saying I think he's going to jail, and one screaming at me saying I think he isn't. RIF
In MY OPINION (look up the definition if needed) the crime is of a nature that other deterrents would work be just as effective and cost the taxpayers less, and that jail time would be be excessive as a punishment. That opinion was based on whatever information was available in the original article.

Old 05-29-2018, 10:10 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,575,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
What is your deal? Where did I decide anything? I have one of you screaming at me saying I think he's going to jail, and one screaming at me saying I think he isn't. RIF
In MY OPINION (look up the definition if needed) the crime is of a nature that other deterrents would work be just as effective and cost the taxpayers less, and that jail time would be be excessive as a punishment. That opinion was based on whatever information was available in the original article.
Well you seemed in several posts to have decided that jail wasn't appropriate. You know nothing more about his history than what was in that article, which very little. I'm not screaming for jail or against jail. I think the judge is qualified to decide. I've said all I really want to say about this.

Old 05-29-2018, 11:14 PM

5,249 posts, read 3,607,512 times
Honestly, in Dennys he should slap the cook.

Old 05-30-2018, 05:46 AM

6,792 posts, read 2,904,212 times
SO typical of today's litigation-obsessed society ...much ado about nothing. The waitress could simply have given the guy a piece of her mind and it would have been all over and done. But, no ...

Old 05-30-2018, 05:57 AM

3,563 posts, read 1,878,724 times
I feel for his wife; how mortifying to have all her neighbors know she's married to a crass moron.
That he did this while she was in the bathroom...just ick.

Agree jail is ridiculous; this was a crime of classlessness in my opinion. I do think a civil suit would be a fine repercussion.

LOVE that his name, address and THE VIDEO (it was caught on cc tv) is onliine for all to see. The shame factor is awesome. Again though, his poor wife and kids!

Old 05-30-2018, 10:02 AM

1,314 posts, read 1,424,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PS90 View Post
Seriously?
when this guy was young, slapping a woman's rear end was probably a fairly acceptable practice.
Helpful hint: touching other people in such a manner has NEVER been an acceptable practice.

Old 05-30-2018, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
SO typical of today's litigation-obsessed society ...much ado about nothing. The waitress could simply have given the guy a piece of her mind and it would have been all over and done. But, no ...
Let me guess. You are male, and a white one at that.

Old 05-30-2018, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
In MY OPINION (look up the definition if needed) the crime is of a nature that other deterrents would work be just as effective
Do you really think that a person who thinks he has free and open access to any woman's body would be "deterred" by anything but a strict punishment? Really?

Old 05-30-2018, 10:18 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,529,606 times
I would opt for a hefty fine + community service instead of jail time in cases like this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment