Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2018, 05:08 AM

47 posts, read 20,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoamingTX View Post
You weren’t bullied. Grow a spine and move on.

You were cut out of the team. Culled from the herd. They didn’t like you and didn’t want you. That’s it. Move. On.
I just looked at your posts history and realized that you are a troll. I will just ignore you from now on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2018, 06:52 AM

Location: In a city within a state where politicians come to get their PHDs in Corruption
2,907 posts, read 2,067,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeReds22 View Post
Well there is no doubt I could do the job. It was the same exact role I was doing at company A for years and arguably reporting to people with much more experience and higher caliber CVs. My most recent bosses at company A had an MBA from elite schools, think top 5 programs in all rankings. My most recent supervisor at company B instead not only was quite a bit younger than me but also had less direct experience than me and didn’t even have an MBA or similar degree. However he waited the first assignment to tell me that I was incompetent. A typical case of jealousy, maybe not of discrimination, although while my bosses at company A were well travelled and with plenty international experience, my supervisor at company B never even spent any time abroad.

The real reason for my treatment is cut throat competition. At company A my bosses weren’t threatened by my presence since they were much more experienced than me and actually were mentors to me. At company B instead I was in the same age/experience level of both my supervisor and his manager (head of the group).

I also really realize for most people maturity does come with age. I no longer believe in fast career tracks as you see in some companies. Being good at excel and powerpoint is not the same as being good at managing people or especially mentoring them.
Aha. Show me where it says cutthroat competition is a protected clause under current EEO laws?

Old 06-04-2018, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolovefromANFIELD View Post
Aha. Show me where it says cutthroat competition is a protected clause under current EEO laws?
That was actually part of the question. Can bullying/mobbing have any legal claims in US, especially if you are part of a protected category?

Old 06-04-2018, 08:35 AM

Location: In a city within a state where politicians come to get their PHDs in Corruption
2,907 posts, read 2,067,392 times
Quote:
That was actually part of the question. Can bullying/mobbing have any legal claims in US, especially if you are part of a protected category?
No. Not unless the unfavorable treatment was based on any one of the protected classes. Bullying, mobbing isn't one of those classes. Nor is competition.

Old 06-04-2018, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolovefromANFIELD View Post
No. Not unless the unfavorable treatment was based on any one of the protected classes. Bullying, mobbing isn't one of those classes. Nor is competition.
Yes but if you are the only protected class in that peer group then there could be some merit unless you think for a protected class action to take place the employer has to spefically use the words “I am allowing people to treat you like **** and I am now terminating you because you are a woman, or because you are black, gay, etc or foreign”. That is not what the law says. It doesn’t have to be so explicit.

Last edited by JoeReds22; 06-04-2018 at 08:52 AM..

Old 06-04-2018, 08:56 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
Thanks. Very helpful.

Educate yourself https://www.theguardian.com/money/us...research-shows
I tend not to refer to blogs when researching facts to educate myself.

I've read and re-read your initial post, but still can't find specific instances of bullying. Most of your examples are ones having to do with work load, job performance, and an over-sensitivity on your part.

Old 06-04-2018, 08:57 AM

4,633 posts, read 3,462,110 times
Quote:

If you are in a protected category then it's not bullying/mobbing. It's harassment. Employers will frequently categorize legitimate harassing behavior as "bullying" in order to avoid liability. The US would never pass a law on workplace bullying. The courts would never get rid of those cases.

Old 06-04-2018, 09:01 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
There was work. They simply wouldn’t even let me come close to it. In addition I was in a position where I could be proactive and create my own work but of course they ignored any idea or attempt I made.
Maybe because of this: "according to my supervisor I wasn’t meeting expectations."

Old 06-04-2018, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Maybe because of this: "according to my supervisor I wasn’t meeting expectations."
Eheh except it was from the get go. How can someone not meet expectations if you are not even asssigning work to them

Old 06-04-2018, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
I tend not to refer to blogs when researching facts to educate myself.

I've read and re-read your initial post, but still can't find specific instances of bullying. Most of your examples are ones having to do with work load, job performance, and an over-sensitivity on your part.
Well that is your problem. Micromanaging and excluding from work is bullying strategies 101.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment