Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 04:43 AM

555 posts, read 2,211,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOEM1226 View Post
I realize a job isn't all fun, but I tell you- I have actually enjoyed work until now! Not the work itself making me nuts, just the personnel and management. Way too many chiefs and not enough Indians type set up.
Whether or not you can hang in there with this job is really all about what you can tolerate. One thing is for sure, the longer you remain, the more likely something will change. A manager may leave that you dislike or maybe a restructuring of deparments that may be in your favor. That is exactly what happened to me in what seemed to be a hopeless situation. But, only you know if it is truly worth sticking it out. You know how much crap you can tolerate. I wish you the best of luck in deciding whether to stay or find a better situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2008, 05:47 AM

203 posts, read 927,588 times
Default Advice?

Depends where your head is really?!...........bide your time, one year goes pretty fast (And Or) Nothings stopping you from looking for other work at the same time. You've probably even seen coworkers checking the classifieds at work.........just dont get caught! I like that idea, as with every job We are very indispensible and there's nothing wrong with having a back up plan.

All jobs suck and the one i got now Sucks the worst!!! If it werent for the high pay, physical ease, and benefits "We" all would have been gone a long time ago. On the one hand, mentally it's a "piece of work"...........public = pain in the bu** bosses = bigger pain in the bu**
At the same time i'm very grateful, for the first time in my life i could afford a house(actually two).........

......On the other hand, there's more to life than dealing with c*ap all day. To help you get thru your day think of things that make you happy. Build your own "light at the end of the tunnel"...........for me, plans on starting my own entrepreneurial biz

Old 04-01-2008, 08:39 AM

5,652 posts, read 19,347,608 times
Yeah - but even cr*ppy jobs - if you work with fellow employees that you like, they can make it tolerable even if the pay stinks. But if you a. work with bad co-employees, b. have a bad manager c. pay is bad d. work conditions are bad ... you are going to need to go elsewhere pretty quickly. Most jobs that are this bad are on the "revolving door system" anyway. No one stays for long.
Just do your own thing outside work and be preparing your resume in the meantime when you see a job opening jump on it quickly.

Old 04-01-2008, 12:42 PM

1,181 posts, read 3,806,956 times
Well, I have always loved my jobs with one exception that I stuck with for 6 months. I am of the life is too short to be miserable crowd. I found another one I liked, and all was well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment