Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2018, 11:05 PM

6,404 posts, read 7,604,664 times

Advertisements

This was a common problem where I worked. I left one night but had to return a few minutes latter as I forgot something and there was the snoop going through the work I had set out for the next day. The look on her face when she was caught was priceless.

Although I left my purse in a desk drawer, we had a secretary who liked to snoop through my purse but there wasn't much I could do as she worked for my boss. I suspect that is what happened to my Christmas money stash I had planned to use for my family. Just had to learn to zip lock the drawer to protect my personal belongings. Another person caught a different secretary snooping and filed a complaint but she denied it so nothing happened.

Today, I would find some electronic device to gather enough evidence to put a stop to it. So glad I'm retired but still guard my purse at the stores as I have not forgotten.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2018, 11:20 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,445,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbieontheblock86 View Post
Call me paranoid but I think one of my coworkers may be going through my belongings when I leave my desk
Is it a coincidence but everytime I have something in my bag whether it be a random thing like I had a butter knife in my bag don’t ask me how it got there but I ended putting my bag down go to the bathroom later on that day coworker ask me “do you have a butter knife to open up a package “ or I like just now went to take a break and had a bag of popcorn in my bag came back and she asked me if I had some popcorn
Or anything else I may have in my bag is this a coincidence hmmmmm..
She's not psychic; nor are you paranoid.
Guard your purse!!

Old 06-28-2018, 11:24 PM

18,812 posts, read 32,262,905 times
Yeah, she's going through your stuff. I'd set her up somehow. Put a boobie trap in your purse, get a nanny cam, something.

Old 06-28-2018, 11:50 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,387,587 times
You should look into Pac Safe products. They make great stuff for this sort of thing.

Old 06-29-2018, 12:32 AM

8,087 posts, read 6,839,903 times

Old 06-29-2018, 05:10 AM

669 posts, read 572,546 times
I have an outdoor resin frog that croaks when the motion sensor is tripped. Put something like that in your bag..that should take care of the problem. Hide somewhere close and when it trips....caught!

Old 06-29-2018, 05:29 AM

177 posts, read 130,044 times
Where can I get something like this ?

I have an outdoor resin frog that croaks when the motion sensor is tripped. Put something like that in your bag..that should take care of the problem. Hide somewhere close and when it trips....caught!

Old 06-29-2018, 05:32 AM

14,418 posts, read 22,369,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
Install hidden cameras in your cubicle and when you catch him, send the video over email to the entire company.

And post it here too...

YES! Please do this OP

Old 06-29-2018, 06:46 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,078,297 times
Quote:
Call me paranoid but I think one of my coworkers may be going through my belongings when I leave my desk
Is it a coincidence but everytime I have something in my bag whether it be a random thing like I had a butter knife in my bag don’t ask me how it got there but I ended putting my bag down go to the bathroom later on that day coworker ask me “do you have a butter knife to open up a package “ or I like just now went to take a break and had a bag of popcorn in my bag came back and she asked me if I had some popcorn
Or anything else I may have in my bag is this a coincidence hmmmmm..
Put a mouse trap in it.

Or, one of those alarms that shriek really loud if moved. Catch her and embarrass the crap out of her....and get her fired! Here you go....And make sure to update after she sets the alarm off!
https://www.google.com/search?q=secu...w=1366&bih=662

Old 06-29-2018, 06:54 AM

669 posts, read 572,546 times
Quote:
Where can I get something like this ?

It was a gift to me. It is an outdoor patio or garden item. Google it. Ebay it

I found some by using this phrase...
“Shop for resin motion detection garden ornament
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment