Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2018, 06:26 PM

9,878 posts, read 14,122,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpar417 View Post

But, yeah I should probably email the hiring mgr too. Thank you for the tip.

The Hiring Manager is so much more important than HR. Call the hiring manager ASAP. I can only assume that you are completely qualified for this job, correct? So please be prepared, in the first conversation with the hiring manager, to explain why you are absolutely qualified for this role.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2018, 09:06 PM

22 posts, read 16,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max_is_here View Post
HR knows you're interested, so just be patient. I'd say that goes double since you're basically friends after the fact. She's not going to just forget about you.
Yes! Patience is a virtue (which I struggle to have sometimes) haha!

Old 07-04-2018, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
The Hiring Manager is so much more important than HR. Call the hiring manager ASAP. I can only assume that you are completely qualified for this job, correct? So please be prepared, in the first conversation with the hiring manager, to explain why you are absolutely qualified for this role.
Yes, I feel like I would be qualified for the role considering my experience & I knew how the company ran. I knew the system and I worked closely with management. I learned a lot very quickly and because my boss was never at work, I covered for her clients & day to day tasks. I'll have to gather up the courage and call the hiring manager.

Old 07-05-2018, 04:54 AM

1,063 posts, read 696,545 times
Here's what gets me. If they valued you so much why didn't they find a way to keep you on and get rid of that boss?

Are you sure they aren't pulling your leg?

Old 07-05-2018, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechaMan View Post
Here's what gets me. If they valued you so much why didn't they find a way to keep you on and get rid of that boss?

Are you sure they aren't pulling your leg?
My boss' boss did counteroffer when I resigned but I told them I couldn't work with my boss any longer due to her retaliation against me after reporting her to HR. HR did speak with her & told her to back off prior to learning about a job offer & giving my resignation. My boss' boss was under the impression things had changed when they really hadn't. I was the only person to have reported my boss for her behavior so it was new to HR's ears. Her work didn't start to decline until after I left the company even though her attendance never existed.

She was slick about her tasks. She didn't share everything she worked on with her team so that she had 'job security'.

Old 07-05-2018, 11:17 AM

24,202 posts, read 19,202,259 times
Did someone replace you after you resigned? They are more likely to first see if there are any internal candidate before they consider going outside and at this point, you are an external candidate.

Old 07-05-2018, 11:45 AM

1,063 posts, read 696,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpar417 View Post
My boss' boss did counteroffer when I resigned but I told them I couldn't work with my boss any longer due to her retaliation against me after reporting her to HR. HR did speak with her & told her to back off prior to learning about a job offer & giving my resignation. My boss' boss was under the impression things had changed when they really hadn't. I was the only person to have reported my boss for her behavior so it was new to HR's ears. Her work didn't start to decline until after I left the company even though her attendance never existed.

She was slick about her tasks. She didn't share everything she worked on with her team so that she had 'job security'.
I would like you to be careful about this. The big boss should have been more keyed in and paying attention to what is happening on the ground level. I am concerned that she is out of touch and this may not lead to a good experience when you get back.

What happens if the department expands and she brings in someone between you two again and then the new supervisor does the exact same thing AGAIN.

The counter-offer was a nice gesture but potentially too little too late.

Old 07-05-2018, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Did someone replace you after you resigned? They are more likely to first see if there are any internal candidate before they consider going outside and at this point, you are an external candidate.
No, my position was not filled after I left.

Old 07-05-2018, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechaMan View Post
I would like you to be careful about this. The big boss should have been more keyed in and paying attention to what is happening on the ground level. I am concerned that she is out of touch and this may not lead to a good experience when you get back.

What happens if the department expands and she brings in someone between you two again and then the new supervisor does the exact same thing AGAIN.

The counter-offer was a nice gesture but potentially too little too late.
I agree. The big boss was led to believe everything was fine. I think over time she saw the true colors of this whole situation when it was too late and time had already passed. I'll definitely proceed with caution. Thank you!

Old 07-05-2018, 01:24 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,784,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidValleyDad View Post
Many people are taking this whole week off so even if they are interested it may take them longer to get back.
Quite true, my company is shut down till Sunday...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment