Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2018, 06:20 PM

23,270 posts, read 18,799,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionInOcala View Post
Cannabis shouldn't be the big deal that it often is, but that's just the reality people need to accept when making personal decisions regarding its consumption. Seems to me there are two possibilities here:
  • Your wife is incredibly foolish.
  • Your wife doesn't really want to get a job.
Yep. Personally I don't care either way about using MJ as long as someone is responsible about it. This smacks of poor judgment whether it shows up in the test or not. Guess who's fault that is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2018, 06:35 PM

326 posts, read 199,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvsCruisin View Post
Yep. The "it's still illegal under federal law" I've seen a lot on job boards about drug tests from employers here. The potheads like to throw out the "but alcohol kills more people than weed" as a way to justify that it's OK to come to my workplace and drive high on a forklift because weed is legal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Has nothing to do with anything, in regards to job-related testing... workplaces can also test for alcohol and tobacco, so legality is irrelevant in this case. I also don't know anyone who thinks it's okay to operate heavy machinery under the influence, regardless of whether the substance is legal. Do people generally think it's cool to drive a forklift while drunk?

And this coming from someone (me) who uses legal cannabis regularly, so I'm looking from the inside here.
The federal law comment was from employers in response to people who think that because pot is legal in WA that they should be hired without a drug test... or a drug test that doesn't include pot. That's all I was saying.

As for driving forklifts under the influence... I dunno... but I've seen plenty of potheads say it's OK to drive high (mostly on social media after a DUI death) because "pot intoxication isn't the same as alcohol intoxication."

Their words not mine. Obviously not every pothead thinks like this and if you are one to stay off the road and out of the workplace while high... good for you.

Old 07-16-2018, 07:37 PM

2,415 posts, read 4,244,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earslikeacat View Post
Get some Golden Seal Tee at an organic store and push tons of it, even in the car on the way to the screen.
I ingested something much worser and how I passed that screen was nothing short of a miracle.

Thanks for the heads up. By the way, this is your Boss, and your position has been eliminated. You can pick up your belongings tomorrow and your last check on Friday.

Old 07-16-2018, 07:37 PM

3,318 posts, read 1,816,274 times
Claim a False-positive has ocurred due to ingesting ibuprofen and request a retest.
Ibuprofen and naproxen (Advil/Motrin and Aleve) are two very common over the counter anti-inflammatory pain medications. If you’ve taken either of these, your urine screen may test positive for barbiturates, THC (cannabinoid), and PCP.

If she moves on to celebrate with China White say she ate a poppy seed bagel with a shmear for lunch.

Old 07-16-2018, 07:51 PM

3,657 posts, read 3,287,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaIamela View Post

If she moves on to celebrate with China White say she ate a poppy seed bagel with a shmear for lunch.
Yes, and be sure to mention the shmear. Once the shmear is mentioned, HR will know she is being truthful and that it's "all gooooooood!".

Old 07-16-2018, 08:28 PM

989 posts, read 2,441,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by willc86 View Post
well believe me I thought the same thing im kinda pissed she did that but whatever. im just seeing if any1 did a 1 time use and it doesnt really show in your body.

from what people have said it takes multiple use in order for it to show
You did not say when she ingested the brownie. I'm guessing it was this weekend?

I don't use, but I have heard that drinking a ton of water (including a ton on the day of the test) can dilute it enough that it won't show up if you aren't a regular user and some time has passed since your last use.

Old 07-16-2018, 08:45 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,491,098 times
She'll fail. I've heard of people smuggling in a container of clean pee in their underwear to a urine test and passing. Unless they need to watch you pee, which I doubt for an employer drug test, I'd guess it would work.

Old 07-16-2018, 08:54 PM

3,573 posts, read 2,880,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastguyz View Post
Yes, and be sure to mention the shmear. Once the shmear is mentioned, HR will know she is being truthful and that it's "all gooooooood!".
Yes, as an HR Manager I concur including the term "shmear" will validate her excuse.

Free Pass- Next!

Old 07-16-2018, 09:22 PM

326 posts, read 199,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
She'll fail. I've heard of people smuggling in a container of clean pee in their underwear to a urine test and passing. Unless they need to watch you pee, which I doubt for an employer drug test, I'd guess it would work.
Doubt the pee in the hidden container will work at all. Any employer that gives 2 flips about drug tests isn't gonna let that one slide.

Every test I've ever been to (both employer given on site and those taken at local medical facilities) either had someone watching me or they had someone in close proximity with the door open. The whole "don't flush the toilet" routine was standard... and all of them checked the temperature of the urine immediately.

Old 07-16-2018, 09:47 PM

3,657 posts, read 3,287,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sockeye66 View Post
Yes, as an HR Manager I concur including the term "shmear" will validate her excuse.

Free Pass- Next!
That confirms it, we are all in agreement on C-D. I suggest the OP print-out this entire thread and fax it to HR along with his wife's updated resume adding that she has experience in special occasion culinary desserts.

This is what is so great about C-D. Someone posts a problem, and we as a group go to work on it immediately and come up with a time tested and easy solution. Just think, without C-D, the OP would have simply yelled at his wife and told her to apply for job elsewhere. But no, C-D pulled together and solved this.

I'm going to celebrate this happy event right now with a shmear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment