Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2018, 06:11 AM

4,141 posts, read 3,050,632 times

Advertisements

I'm wondering if the wife's marijuana use was a passive-aggressive sabotage of the employment offer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2018, 06:19 AM

50,763 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshultz View Post
I'm wondering if the wife's marijuana use was a passive-aggressive sabotage of the employment offer.
She didn’t yet have the offer when she ate the brownies.

Old 08-01-2018, 10:35 AM

8,340 posts, read 6,784,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
She didn’t yet have the offer when she ate the brownies.
BUt that's the deal. To not get the job, she intentionally consumed weed but made it as "Oh, I didn't MEAN to!" thus the ua would deny her the job.

Old 08-01-2018, 10:41 AM

3,657 posts, read 3,287,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgustedman View Post
BUt that's the deal. To not get the job, she intentionally consumed weed but made it as "Oh, I didn't MEAN to!" thus the ua would deny her the job.
I'm glad employers drug test for obvious reasons, because it is also the first simple assignment by the employer. If an employee can't follow those directions, then they aren't worth hiring.

You also have to allow the possibility that some people simply aren't that bright and think what they do is immune from the cause and effect of the universe.

Old 08-01-2018, 10:54 AM

50,763 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgustedman View Post
I don't think there's any reason to think that. We don't know how long before the interview was, maybe she assumed she didn't get it by then. In any case, why speculate on something like that? What difference does it even make why she ate it?

Old 08-01-2018, 11:45 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,282,765 times
It's looking likely North Dakota will legalize this November.. the relatively low population with a relatively high number being young men in the oil fields make it a unique situation where a red state will legalize... that will make it much easier for me living here in South Dakota to get my supply.. though honestly I go through it so slowly it will probably take me 6-8 months to use an ounce. My point being, mj use in my area is fairly high as there's ample wealth here and the jobs pay ok... thankfully they don't do random drug testing where we work.. if they did they'd lose around 25-33% of their employees.

I don't drink so at Denver prices it's probably cheaper than the equivalent amount of drinking.

Old 08-01-2018, 12:13 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,784,199 times
Quote:
I don't think there's any reason to think that. We don't know how long before the interview was, maybe she assumed she didn't get it by then.
She ate them a week before test, that was quite clear. "wife decided to do MJ brownies days before drug test" Now that part of "Days" says it's most likely a week. as the poster posted on the 16 of July (That's a thursday) So, it could be construed that she did it a week earlier.

Quote:
In any case, why speculate on something like that? What difference does it even make why she ate it?
People were speculating on her sanity for even doing it. This is nothing.

Old 08-01-2018, 12:20 PM

643 posts, read 329,283 times
Quote:
I don't think there's any reason to think that. We don't know how long before the interview was, maybe she assumed she didn't get it by then. In any case, why speculate on something like that? What difference does it even make why she ate it?
You sure seem to be defending her stupid decision.

Why is that ?

Old 08-01-2018, 12:55 PM

12,713 posts, read 15,529,606 times
No matter the timing of specific events, it is STUPID to do any illegal drugs when job hunting. You could get asked at any moment to do a drug test.

Old 08-01-2018, 12:59 PM

643 posts, read 329,283 times
what a dufus !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment