Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2018, 03:45 PM

554 posts, read 677,207 times

Advertisements

Good Lord, you guys are a bunch of Judgy McJudgersons...

I'm sure no one on this thread but the OP has ever made a decision they regretted and then was curious about how it would play out...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2018, 03:45 PM

34,274 posts, read 19,284,172 times
No one seems to be asking the important question. Yes she is facing a drug test. But given that this is in Colorado, no one has asked if they are testing for marijuana. Many companies still drug test in states that have legalized it, but they are looking for meth and other drugs, not cannabis.

So OP. While they are in fact drug testing, what drugs are they concerned about. My work can drug test, they don't care about MJ.

Old 07-17-2018, 03:54 PM

44,256 posts, read 64,181,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
No one seems to be asking the important question. Yes she is facing a drug test. But given that this is in Colorado, no one has asked if they are testing for marijuana. Many companies still drug test in states that have legalized it, but they are looking for meth and other drugs, not cannabis.

So OP. While they are in fact drug testing, what drugs are they concerned about. My work can drug test, they don't care about MJ.
Except even if it is legal, employers don't have to accept you use it.

Old 07-17-2018, 04:13 PM

4,166 posts, read 2,542,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterdragon8212 View Post
Good Lord, you guys are a bunch of Judgy McJudgersons...

I'm sure no one on this thread but the OP has ever made a decision they regretted and then was curious about how it would play out...
Sigh, yeah you are right . Way too many bad decisions I'm afraid. But I haven't done that one yet.

Last edited by mlulu23; 07-17-2018 at 04:22 PM..

Old 07-17-2018, 04:21 PM

4,166 posts, read 2,542,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
But given that this is in Colorado, no one has asked if they are testing for marijuana.
But the OP's zip is given as 33015 in his profile. Which is in Miami-Dade County, Florida.

Old 07-17-2018, 05:15 PM

2,771 posts, read 2,289,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlulu23 View Post
But the OP's zip is given as 33015 in his profile. Which is in Miami-Dade County, Florida.
Florida approved medical marijuana in 2016. Now there's a special occasion if ever there was one!

Old 07-17-2018, 05:29 PM

5,661 posts, read 4,206,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Looks like this might be outdated advice.

"No substance is known to produce a false positive for marijuana. It used to be that ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin, Nuprin) interfered with the marijuana test, but this problem has been fixed. A variety of over-the-counter medicines can cause false positives for amphetamine and other illicit drugs on the EMIT test, but not on the GCMS."

"WASH YOURSELF OUT: The general strategy for passing urine tests is to increase your fluid intake and urine flow so as to dilute the concentration of drugs in the sample below the threshold of detection. An hour or two before the test, you should fill your bladder with fluids - as much as you can drink. Water is fine - contrary to popular rumor, there is NO evidence that goldenseal, vinegar, niacin, or vitamin C help. "

"In no case should you give your first urine of the morning, since drug metabolites tend to build up during your sleep."

"While you're loading up on water before the test, you may also want to take a large dose (50-100 milligrams) of vitamin B-2, available in B-complex multivitamins. The purpose of this is to color your urine yellow, since otherwise you are likely to produce clear, watery urine, which makes some collectors suspicious."

Drug Testing Tips - NORML - Working to Reform Marijuana Laws

There's quite a bit of information on this page including strategies that don't work. For example,"NO evidence that goldenseal, vinegar, niacin, or vitamin C help."

Might be worth getting information from those who keep up on such things.

I'm pretty sure an astute test/tester can tell if your urine is dilute, whether you take Vitamin B dose or not. That would probably only make it look... and smell... suspicious. For that reason, drinking excessive amounts of water is probably not a good idea, that and the fact that it can kill you. Drinking moderate amounts won't kill you and won't make your test look suspicious.

For the record I passed a UA a few days after taking a couple tokes, but I'm not a user. I mean, uh, I rarely use.

Old 07-17-2018, 05:29 PM

5,893 posts, read 2,823,980 times
Its the sisters fault. It cant be because of faulty judgment of the one to be tested. {sac.}

Old 07-17-2018, 05:30 PM

159 posts, read 136,009 times
Your best bet is to go to dollar tree and buy a handful of home test strips. Do the first test first thing in the morning for the worst case scenario. Really, she should be okay after about a week after she ate the brownie if she is not a regular user. If a test is positive, Vice magazine tested several “cleanup” products and gave a good review for one called Stinger detox. Good luck!

Old 07-17-2018, 05:40 PM

2,872 posts, read 2,044,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
I'm pretty sure an astute test/tester can tell if your urine is dilute, whether you take Vitamin B dose or not.
pH and specific gravity come to mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment