Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2018, 10:31 AM

3,657 posts, read 3,274,842 times

Advertisements

PACareerChaser asked, before that very useful thread was closed for some mysterious reason. One of the reasons I love using Quora.

Quote:
So my question to you is how do you email someone if you don't have any relations to them? How can you build a relationship? It has to start somewhere!
Your first job is to find out who the hiring manager actually is. Their name, job title and work location. Then you do your research of them online. Look in Linkedin, see if you can find any connection to this person. Ask if any of them would help you make an introduction. This is the easier method.

But let's say, this hiring manager doesn't have a Linkedin or has no connections. No problem, do searches for them on social media. See if they are on Facebook. Try to find out their home address, and see if you know anyone who lives in that area. Or perhaps they live near you. Then you can ask neighbors if they know this person.

The more you find out about this person, the better chances you have of finding a way to form a relationship with them.

But don't overlook user groups and meetups too. Because you can find out about good places to work and what is happening on the inside of those companies before they even announce a job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2018, 03:06 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,002,641 times
I am a hiring manager that does not have a LinkedIn account.

If it came to my attention that an applicant was stalking me in the manner you suggest, I would absolutely refuse to hire them. That is crazy behavior, and I certainly don’t need people in my life, whether professional or private, who consider this to be acceptable.

Old 08-01-2018, 03:12 PM

12,713 posts, read 15,468,522 times
I'd probably not go looking for a home address...that's a bit bonkers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment