Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2018, 09:30 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,486,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
Why? Scrubs are for people who deal with bodily fluids. I would expect that those come off in the hospital/healthcare environment. I don’t know if someone coming into the grocery store is a surgical tech who has just finished surgery or is just wearing uniform scrubs as a medical assistant.
Oh my....
What type of scrubs do surgical techs/doctors/nurses wear in the OP room you think??
Sure as he'll not pink scrubs with teddy bears.

Most hospitals issue special surgical scrubs at the hospital for the staff to wear in the OP room. They don't leave the hospital. They get cleaned and reissued. Nobody is allowed to wear their personal scrubs during an operation.
So the people you see wearing scrubs at the grocery store have not just left the operating room wearing those scrubs.

Last edited by glass_of_merlot; 09-14-2018 at 09:42 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2018, 09:41 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,486,250 times
Just to add.
Anybody can have nasty body fluids or other unsanitary crap on their clothes. Don't have to be in healthcare for that. As a healthcare professional, we are well aware of what's appropriate.

Old 09-15-2018, 08:35 AM

50,786 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
Are there any healthcare careers where you aren't mandated to wear uniforms/scrubs?
As I said. in therapy it’s a choice at my building. However a lot of facilities are now requiring uniforms as in polo shirts and khaki pants. I think it’s stupid, as the patients are not going to remember that someone wearing a purple khaki shirt is housekeeping and someone wearing a blue one is nursing.

It’s not just the job description that defines whether or not you need to wear scrubs or uniform, as with any other business, it depends on your specific employer. So your question really shouldn’t be are there any healthcare jobs that don’t require scrubs are uniform, it should be are there any healthcare employers that don’t require scrubs or uniform. And yes there are some. Some of the therapist I work with wear street clothes. On Fridays many wear jeans.

Old 09-15-2018, 08:37 AM

50,786 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Oh my....
What type of scrubs do surgical techs/doctors/nurses wear in the OP room you think??
Sure as he'll not pink scrubs with teddy bears.

Most hospitals issue special surgical scrubs at the hospital for the staff to wear in the OP room. They don't leave the hospital. They get cleaned and reissued. Nobody is allowed to wear their personal scrubs during an operation.
So the people you see wearing scrubs at the grocery store have not just left the operating room wearing those scrubs.
They also wear disposable paper gowns over whatever clothes they’re wearing in a surgical suite.

Old 09-22-2018, 05:47 AM

2,033 posts, read 1,680,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
Why? Scrubs are for people who deal with bodily fluids. I would expect that those come off in the hospital/healthcare environment. I don’t know if someone coming into the grocery store is a surgical tech who has just finished surgery or is just wearing uniform scrubs as a medical assistant.
When I worked healthcare, for 6 yrs recently....departments like Surgery, womens health, had to wear the ones the hospital provided. Go to department, change into that dept scrubs, do whatever your job entailed, go to changing room and put back on whatever you wore into the changing room. It was an infection control protocol and helped prevent cross contamination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment