Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2018, 03:34 AM

212 posts, read 148,416 times

Advertisements

Okay sorry guys, this might be the wrong place to post this.

I would like to changed of career/job.

I am not happy with what I am doing right.

I think I still have time to go back to study and do something different.

I am not - what you would call smart smart, I worked in retail for too long, its literally brain numbing.

I live in the UK, so next year September I wouldn’t mind doing something more rewarding and more challenging, even if it means studying course or degree/Diploma,
But I don’t know what. But I am really bad at maths and science so I feel like my options are limited
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2018, 04:14 AM

61,712 posts, read 87,101,195 times
What do you like to do or think you would be good in that?
Perhaps you need to meet with a career counselor?

Old 09-14-2018, 07:30 AM

6,560 posts, read 8,391,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemma25 View Post

I am not - what you would call smart smart, I worked in retail for too long, its literally brain numbing.

I live in the UK, so next year September I wouldn’t mind doing something more rewarding and more challenging, even if it means studying course or degree/Diploma,
But I don’t know what. But I am really bad at maths and science so I feel like my options are limited
Okay. So you've identified your weaknesses but what are your strengths? Let's focus on those. And what do you enjoy doing?

Old 09-14-2018, 11:33 PM

23,297 posts, read 18,824,628 times
Well, let's start by asking you what YOU believe a respectable job is?

Old 09-16-2018, 02:36 PM

18 posts, read 8,184 times
Default sales

my suggestion is to go into sales. Sales is the backbone of any country, business, the future.

Look for a job,, where you need to be somewhere or go somewhere, NOT a job where you can do everything on the phone. Run, stay away, since the employer(s) will try to compartmentalize your job into a customer service job, by hiring a bunch of people at low wages and low commissions.
Realize that sales requires that people trust you and also like your personality.
So remember to 1) choose a sales job where you can build your own client group. 2) a sales job where you have to go to the customer, 3) take classes where you build your sales skills, 4) stay away from small products like cell phones 5) you need items where the investment is in the 10,000's. 6) Remember for the first 10 years to save half of your pay into a CD or money market, since you will get old and people will not want to hire you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemma25 View Post

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment