Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2018, 01:56 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,571,957 times

Advertisements

My accounting office has bookkeeping/accounting clients assigned to specific employees. The office also uses a group email that EVERYONE receives whenever the client is contacted. We all receive incoming emails for clients that have nothing to do with us. EVERY email is sent to the group email, along with EVERY reply from the client. We all also receive the junk emails, the notices from Square when a client makes a payment, confirmations of appointments, etc. The amount of useless email we have to read is almost overwhelming.

I know why they are doing it, they're trying to make sure no client work deadlines are missed, and if someone is out for the day, any other employee can help the client. I believe it's a very clunky and inefficient to way to track work and keep employees informed. I think we need something like ACT or a program that allows us to schedule/track work, make client notes, etc. That would allow the manager to view tasks by deadline and see what hasn't been done, and allows us to update ourselves on a client if the assigned employee is out or quits. Problem is, I have no idea what this type of program is. Can anyone suggest a program or even give me some good keywords to search with? ACT is close to what we need but not quite, and it's a little too expensive for the office. I know there are products out there that will do what we need, I just don't know what that kind of program is called. I'm drawing a blank.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2019, 02:22 AM

1 posts, read 261 times
Software or Cloud Program to Track Work....
Zoho Projects is the project management software from Zoho, a brand that enables 35 million users to work online. Businesses large and small, from every industry use the app to deliver great work on time. Plan your projects, assign tasks, communicate effectively, never miss an important update and view detailed reports on progress.
And cloud program to track for Quickbokks cloud you can use.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment