Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2018, 11:08 AM

7,654 posts, read 5,115,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
Who owns google glasses? They were a failure as a consumer product.

Be cautious with this approach. Some states require the consent of all parties before conversations can be recorded, and many companies have policies around this practice. Depending on your location and employer, you may be creating trouble for yourself with this approach.
Or what ever your recorder of choice is so long as you capture video and audio.

Most states are only one party concent and that’s only if you are trying to use it in a criminal proceeding. If you just want to post it to YouTube or send to the media to embarrass the company then that rule does not apply
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2018, 11:23 PM

22,178 posts, read 19,221,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willistonite View Post
Tape him to protect yourself. If he was highly recruited going to HR will be the end of your career there.
If you do, fight for a settlement because you to HR your job there is done. They protect the high recruits unless proof of sexual harassment.
no they would not fire me. what they would do (if they wanted to get rid of me) is make my job really unpleasant, and they know that I would leave the job. I would get a different job within the same organization, but in a different department. Since it is a national organization i could change locations if I wanted to. I would have no trouble in getting another job.

So far they are watching me closely (to see if I'm using this as an excuse to be a slacker and stir the pot to make trouble). It's weird because they really really don't like that I documented this work place concern. So yes they're pissed about that. But they also are going out of their way now (there was another meeting today to discuss the "concern") to show that they are taking it seriously. which is good.

my sense is even though i haven't done the "formal" report of contact, they have already reported it upline, meaning gone to his boss, which is basically the director of the entire facility. I am getting some looks and raised eyebrows from people in the Director's suite so....they know.

I really have to mind my p's and q's, have a good attitude, be a team player, be positive and cheerful, and not be on their radar because in this situation i am very vulnerable to being documented myself for any little thing. They have given some of my job duties to someone else so that things get done in a timely matter and don't fall through the cracks.

He acknowledged using the f-word but did not apologize, nor did he recognize it as unprofessional inappropriate behavior for someone in his position. He said when he gets frustrated he uses the f-word so his "solution" is (get this) not to manage his behavior, or manage his anger; but to "slow down" on some projects so he does not get frustrated. Then he said "it is going to speed up though" so we need to face that and be ready for it. he keeps saying we are "not at the speed" he wants us to be at.

when he asked for comments from me i told him (after saying many positive things) it is a concern to hear that "it is going to speed up" because the pace we have been keeping even now is not sustainable. I want him to be aware of that.

So we'll see how it goes. I'm looking at other jobs (i do that all the time anyway it's a hobby reading the job announcements all over the country for our organization) but for now I'm staying in this position. They are actually being very nice to me. They don't want me to leave. They don't want more complaints. They want the work to get done. And so do i.

Old 10-30-2018, 04:17 AM

2,296 posts, read 3,125,092 times
Wow, Americans are really hung up about a word. Don't ever work with Brits or Aussis or Pretty much anyone else if this bothers you.

Old 10-30-2018, 04:25 AM

7,654 posts, read 5,115,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GER308 View Post
Wow, Americans are really hung up about a word. Don't ever work with Brits or Aussis or Pretty much anyone else if this bothers you.
I HIGHLY doubt that the root cause of the issue is the actual word. Its usually personal attacks of competence done in a nasty threatening way that is the root of the issue.

The only time I become defensive or feel threatened is when my competence is challenged in a passive aggressive or threatening manner. Because what is being done in these cases is someone is building up a straw man to knock down and if they are successful it can be the end of your career and livelihood.

So when this sort of behavior starts to become displayed, even if its not directed at you, its time to read the art of war and start preparing what your next move will be, because your livelihood is under threat or will soon be under threat.

In my book I view it as the same thing as a physical assault on my person
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment