Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2018, 10:18 AM

500 posts, read 359,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Contingent on the job being hired for I can think of a few instances where wearing a wig would get ya hired quicker!

Undercover cop? Model for a weird designer....
Vaudeville Act?
A drag club ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2018, 10:19 AM

2,575 posts, read 2,074,625 times
I think it's harder for men to pull off wigs and good wigs can cost you upwards of $300.
Tie it back or get a haircut. IMO as long as you look clean, idc if you have longer hair.

Old 11-02-2018, 10:21 AM

130,047 posts, read 12,072,794 times
The majority of wigs look like wigs. Your own hair should not be an issue, provided, it is clean, well groomed & neat.

Now if it looks like a rats nest, then maybe it is an issue, but are you sure there is nothing else that is turning off the interviewers?

Old 11-02-2018, 10:33 AM

9,432 posts, read 5,197,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos Gordon View Post
If a manager tells me that he or she will automatically hire me if I cut my hair (and the salary is at least $35,000 a year) then in that case I would get my hair cut.
How are they going to know you have long hair if you wear a wig?
Grow up.
Either go to the interview with your long hair (which you apparently can't bear to cut??) and let the chips fall where they may, or cut your hair. Long hair on a guy can look good if clean and pulled back. Maybe this company won't care. (full disclosure, I didn't read the full post because I can't believe you are asking this question.)

Old 11-02-2018, 10:36 AM

11,061 posts, read 7,135,481 times
Here's your video and advice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAhM26EKmrU

Old 11-02-2018, 10:46 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taffee72 View Post
A clean, tidy man bun or pony tail is way preferable to a wig. A wig often looks totally ridiculous on a man. Unless you can find a wig that looks natural, don't do it.
Man buns are a turn-off and weird looking. My wife, friends, and I have had conversations about how the man bun is against the laws of nature. The general consensus was that we haven't and wouldn't go out on a date with an individual donning such a hairstyle much less hire the guy. My vote is still for a haircut unless OP wants to look for a job in a less conservative field.

Old 11-02-2018, 11:05 AM

2,982 posts, read 9,832,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Man buns are a turn-off and weird looking. My wife, friends, and I have had conversations about how the man bun is against the laws of nature. The general consensus was that we haven't and wouldn't go out on a date with an individual donning such a hairstyle much less hire the guy. My vote is still for a haircut unless OP wants to look for a job in a less conservative field.
OMG yes! what the hell are people who have these things thinking? Don't they have any friends that care about them? God Awful!1

If you think its the hair? Geez, for a $35k job? you won't get a haircut? seriously? Get a haircut, while looking for a job. Show some effort in your search. If having 70's hippy style is all that important, it will grow back in a month. You want everything, but you aren't even willing to get a haircut? Nah, you aint trying.
The future is yours. You can make it, or not. You want something to happen, make it happen.
Life isn't just waiting around the corner for you to happen upon it. You exist, and float like a leaf in a river, or you become a fish and swim upstream. So, choose, Live Life, or Exist and wait.

Old 11-02-2018, 11:14 AM

2,954 posts, read 1,410,761 times
Quote:
I kinda like man buns! lol, every one has their own taste.

Wanted to add, I think pony tail, bald, crewcut, short, etc.. are fine too, but I'm pretty much against wigs.

Old 11-02-2018, 11:15 AM

9,432 posts, read 5,197,344 times
Quote:
LOL.....I have a visceral reaction now when I see a guy with a man bun (after having seen some very funny comedy skits about this) but here in VT they are very common. If I was hiring someone, I'd probably prefer long hair pulled back to a man bun I'll bet the OP could find out if that company had a 'hair policy.'

Old 11-02-2018, 11:23 AM

2,954 posts, read 1,410,761 times
You guys wouldn't hire this man bun guy?

http://nextluxury.com/wp-content/upl...-gentlemen.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment