Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2018, 01:36 PM

22,161 posts, read 19,213,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert Hall '62 View Post
In 30 years, I took annual leave all but once on Thanksgiving Friday. That one time, I was damn near the only person in the office (Fed. Govt.). The 8-hr. day felt like 16 hrs. And it didn't help that I was suffering from the excesses of Thanksgiving food and drink.
this is the first time in 13 years of service that I have EVER taken off the Friday day after Thanksgiving. I love working that day because it is typically very slow and I can catch up on all kinds of anything that is behind. This year I took the day off and it felt WONDERFUL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2018, 01:52 PM

5,114 posts, read 6,088,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Nah. We did an afternoon hunt and were even late for that when Dumbass Son got his times confused. Saw quite a few but couldn't get any to come in, although a couple groups did work the decoys a little bit.

I'm supposed to have a trip up to your area sometime during the second split after deer season. The field conditions down here are lousy. Very few farmers got anything from their corn or soybeans, the crops just wilted and dried out in the fields from a combination of the excessive rain followed by the drought and high heat followed by even more excessive rain.

Even my private field is lousy. The weather was so bad the farmer, who'd planned to grow beans, left it in hay. Only got two cuttings from that instead of his typical four.

If you come up here bring waders and a snorkel. I think the deer have developed gills! I can't wait to see what the final rain total for the year is. MDE considers our town springs a good indication of aquifer conditions. This year they haven't dropped below 90% of max flow all year. Usually by July they are below 50% and stay that way till January.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment