Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2018, 11:01 AM

2,709 posts, read 2,274,216 times

Advertisements

So, I know a woman who never graduated H.S. She is well spoken and intelligent. Through the years, she has been hired for various jobs, always claiming to be a H.S. graduate. She has never been found out. It seems that few, if any, companies bother to check and verify a H.S. Diploma.

Do you think this is a common occurrence? The more I think about it, the more I believe it probably is more prevalent than we imagine.

Old 12-16-2018, 11:19 AM

20,112 posts, read 16,089,167 times
It could be. But, let your friend know there are online high schools that will grant her a diploma through testing.

Old 12-16-2018, 01:29 PM

50,450 posts, read 24,044,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJoe View Post
So, I know a woman who never graduated H.S. She is well spoken and intelligent. Through the years, she has been hired for various jobs, always claiming to be a H.S. graduate. She has never been found out. It seems that few, if any, companies bother to check and verify a H.S. Diploma.

Do you think this is a common occurrence? The more I think about it, the more I believe it probably is more prevalent than we imagine.
Your post got me thinking. When I would hire people at the school, for those jobs that didn't require a college degree, I don't think we ever checked high school records. I guess it was just assumed. Which may be why our head custodian had such trouble with things put in writing.

Old 12-16-2018, 01:57 PM

105 posts, read 75,421 times
download fake high school diploma - Google Search

LOL did not know I would get that many results.

Old 12-17-2018, 01:17 PM

1,939 posts, read 2,154,894 times
I have a very good friend who didn't quite have enough credits to get her diploma. She is intelligent, well spoken, presents herself very professionally, has a terrific career, married an educated man and has a super life. No one cares that she didn't finish, but I also assure you no one but a tiny handful knows (including me). It likely never ever comes up because everyone assumes she is a college graduate. Her career really took off after a point in her life when HS would not have been brought up anyways and by then she was advancing based on her excellent work and people skills, so the lack of college also didn't matter.

My brother didn't finish either. He flailed around for a couple of years and then got his GED, went to college and got a business degree, then went back to school and got a master's in education specializing in economics. He is now a beloved history teacher and soccer coach at the high school he didn't graduate from.

Old 12-17-2018, 01:22 PM

13,253 posts, read 33,437,211 times
Moved from the education forum. Open at will.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.