U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2019, 09:32 PM

2,206 posts, read 929,655 times

Advertisements

Run. Away. Now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2019, 10:15 PM

26,589 posts, read 52,257,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
This is precisely what I mean when I say the job market is over-hyped.

Supposedly facilities are supposed to be chomping at the bit for RNs. Especially one who potentially has clearances and working for the Fed.

Where are all the "Economy is great/Job market is great" posters now?

I'd love to just say "Move on" but unfortunately this seems to be the norm now. At my own current employer I feel like the door was slammed shut after I was hired. We have 2 open requisitions for 3 months now and nobody has been interviewed or even looked at This is a F100 Company.

All I can say is nobody cares anymore and it's always someone else's problem. I could never work in healthcare. All the corporate political BS + you have people's lives in your hands. No thanks.
When we were a stand alone Community Hospital things sure were streamlined... a contingent job offer could be made and it all went quickly...

We even rehired a few that had moved due to their spouse military postings and over the phone said how soon can you start.

That all changed when we became part of a 100k employee organization... it takes 45 days for the process and the employer says it costs thousands of dollars to process on applicant start to finish...

This year we lost several highly qualified applicants and one had 9 years with us... they had relocated back and she wanted to come back...

In each case they were ultimately offered the position but had found work elsewhere in the time it took...

Maybe it is a comment on the workplace today...

I did hear one HR say the benefit is it gives employees pause before job hopping...

Old 03-25-2019, 11:00 PM

17,249 posts, read 10,176,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
In what industry/location is this NOT required?
You tell me.

In every single job I applied for that I eventually got an offer from, I never had to constantly e-mail or call to see my status.

From application to interview was anywhere from a week and a half to two weeks (which I personally scheduled with the HR recruiter), and job offer after interview was no more than a week. And those dates were given to me by the recruiter and they followed it.

If I didn't hear back or get a job offer after a week, then I mentally let it go. The OP's situation was about the most disorganized and disrespectful thing I've ever read. How can any organization treat an applicant this way, there's no way anyone can tell me this is 'normal.'

Old 03-28-2019, 11:09 AM

5,020 posts, read 3,209,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryant View Post
This has to be the most frustrating job hiring process I've ever been through. I currently have a full time job, but was hired for part time work doing home health/transitional care type of work (I'm an RN). Applied for said position on company website, never received a call. I called their HR and asked if there were still any openings, I was told yes and she acted surprised I was never called. One hour later I get a call from an administrator asking if I would like to come in for an interview. Interview goes well, basically hired and was send a packet of paperwork to fill out and mail in. Paperwork mailed in 3 days or so later and I sit for a week. After a week call the same admin asking if they had received packet, magically it came that day or the day before.

Was sent for physical and urine drug screen which I completed within a week, called same admin and was told I would get a phone call about an orientation date "by the end of the week" (referring to last week). To no shock, said phone call never occurred. So here I sit, nearing the end of Monday and no call, no email, nothing. A potential employer who asked me to fill orientation paperwork out and take off early for a physical/UDS and no contact. I think I have called them four time to their one in this whole process

At this point I'm ready to start looking for other side work. Only things I can think of is: they found someone after my interview they really wanted. Or, I magically failed a drug test. If so, I guess they better tell my employer (federal govt) that I'm a druggie (I'm not, just over this already).

Do I give up, or make another phone call and get to the point? And, why would an employer waste time and money to string someone along? Seems like physicals and the like would be rather expensive.
Keep looking. I finally got my rejection NINE months after applying. I can only imagine their level of disorganized if such the case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or