U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2019, 10:12 AM

9,137 posts, read 8,281,799 times

Advertisements

Bad, bad, bad idea.

Sounds like the cleaning crew.

Let. It. Go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2019, 10:17 AM

4,812 posts, read 1,828,987 times
It's probably the janitor.

Do you keep valuables in and on your desk?

Old 03-29-2019, 10:29 AM

1,415 posts, read 545,652 times
If you can't lock your desk just don't keep anything personal or valuable in your drawer. I would put a note that says "I HOPE YOU FIND WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR" in the drawer. They will probably stop because they know you know someone has been in the drawer. LOL

Old 03-29-2019, 10:32 AM

4,794 posts, read 1,980,636 times
It could be the cleaning people.

Old 03-29-2019, 11:23 AM

539 posts, read 222,608 times
If you don't have anything personal or confidential on your desk, who cares and what is a camera going to do about it - what are you going to do with the camera material - and how does that make you look (not like the typical worker). I cannot imagine someone at our workplace rifling around on folk's desks, but if they did it on mine, I probably would not even notice. Now we did have someone stealing folks lunch out of the fridge a number of years ago. That would be worth investigating.

Old 03-29-2019, 12:07 PM

28,231 posts, read 39,872,938 times
Is it just you or does anyone else have this going on? If it's just you there is a problem and the supervisor should consider pursuing it. Harassment is not acceptable no matter how minor.

Old 03-29-2019, 12:15 PM

20,524 posts, read 16,605,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pretty in black View Post
If you can't lock your desk just don't keep anything personal or valuable in your drawer. I would put a note that says "I HOPE YOU FIND WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR" in the drawer. They will probably stop because they know you know someone has been in the drawer. LOL

She didn't say they were going through her drawers, just that things on top of her desk are in different places then when she left it. Maybe someone just needed a stapler and didn't put it back in the exact same spot. I use staplers, tape, etc from co-worker's desks if mine is jammed or something. They belong to the company, not OP or any other worker, unless she brought them in from home.

Seems silly to claim harassment to me.

Old 03-29-2019, 12:27 PM

28,231 posts, read 39,872,938 times
I don't think you read the entire OP. If you only need something why remove a note and place things under it then put it back on top.

Quote:
The last time I placed a little note on top of my desk compartment and this person placed items underneath the note and still moved my stuff.

Old 03-29-2019, 12:40 PM

5,020 posts, read 3,209,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigergirl87 View Post
I work for local government and this week someone and I have no clue who it could be has been going to my desk and moving things around. For example, they are going in my desk and moving things around. The last time I placed a little note on top of my desk compartment and this person placed items underneath the note and still moved my stuff. I don't keep anything valuable at my desk but I am getting rather annoyed and don't know why someone would do this. I pretty much mind my own business. Maybe this is stupid but I did go to my boss who suggested that I get locks put on. We don't have a policy about surveillance but I am just wonder how I should go about doing this and if I catch the person how to approach from there. This is very awkward and I have never had this happen before.
Place everything in a pile when you leave and see what happens... If they are neat freaks, they arrange it. Or have nothing on the top of the desk...Bare and see what they do then....Have 6 pencils arranged in a clock fashion...See what fun things you can do to make them wonder..

Old 03-29-2019, 12:42 PM

20,524 posts, read 16,605,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
I don't think you read the entire OP. If you only need something why remove a note and place things under it then put it back on top.

Again, I think because she overreacts, someone thinks it's funny. Like Jim and Dwight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or