Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2019, 01:53 PM

5,381 posts, read 8,683,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigergirl87 View Post
I work for local government and this week someone and I have no clue who it could be has been going to my desk and moving things around. For example, they are going in my desk and moving things around. The last time I placed a little note on top of my desk compartment and this person placed items underneath the note and still moved my stuff. I don't keep anything valuable at my desk but I am getting rather annoyed and don't know why someone would do this. I pretty much mind my own business. Maybe this is stupid but I did go to my boss who suggested that I get locks put on. We don't have a policy about surveillance but I am just wonder how I should go about doing this and if I catch the person how to approach from there. This is very awkward and I have never had this happen before.
OP, I would not worry about this if I were you. In some offices, it is not uncommon for people to sit at the first available desk to do, well, whatever. This might include getting away from another more crowded space, using the phone in a more private area, getting away from objectionable or perfume odors for those who are sensitive, etc. Or, maybe IT has been working on your computer? Who knows? It's no big deal.

Remember, the desk does not belong to you, but if you have any "personal" items, use a lock as your supervisor suggested.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment