U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 03-31-2019, 11:06 AM
 
3,758 posts, read 2,143,859 times
Reputation: 4363

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peasy973 View Post
Here's your answer in red. One of the reasons I stopped growing a goatee or mustache about 3-4 years ago. One it is easier to maintain - all of the hair comes off my face everytime I shave so no grey hair whatsoever. Second it makes me look younger than I actually am. If I was comfortable with shaving my own head I would do it. I'm actually planning learn how shave my head start soon before the grey even comes in. I had a barber do it earlier this year and I liked the look on me. When I was in my 20s I used to hate getting carded now it is a blessing because it still happens to this day .

One of the reasons I shave my face is to look as young as possible. I am in my mid-30s but am looking like late 20s. My focus on looking as young as I possibly can is done both for business and for personal reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
I suppose it is possible, but far from common. Christie Brinkley looks incredibly young at age 65. Lucky you.
Below is Christie Brinkley's appearance on Live with Kelly & Ryan this week. At age 65, it can be argued that she looks 50-55. Her movements do indicate aging. She does not move as swiftly as someone in their 20s/30s. She does not nearly look as good here as she did in National Lampoon's Vacation, which filmed when she was 28.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hSoXLEfaLI

 
Old 03-31-2019, 11:13 AM
 
817 posts, read 1,433,168 times
Reputation: 1476
Many people have the delusion that they look younger, like some badge of honor. In reality, what I noticed is that I didn't look that much different from 25-35. I'd get carded in my late 20's/early 30's and I would be surprised, asking myself if I really looked like I was 20. I see many of the signs of aging start appearing in most people once you get beyond the age of 35. By late 30's, almost everyone I see has little crow's feet when they smile.

When you are young, they way others take you seriously is to talk with maturity, intelligence, and composure. I guess you hit the nail on the head when you said others act older than you. There are plenty of people in managerial positions at a young age. One way you get into those positions is by showing that you have the knowledge, experience, and the people skills to be in that position. The other big way is to act like a leader. The way most people act when they are 20 does not impress grown adults, much less get them promoted to leadership positions.
 
Old 03-31-2019, 01:52 PM
 
Location: Albuquerque, N.M.
221 posts, read 119,141 times
Reputation: 578
I've always looked younger. Was getting carded (in the days before everyone was carded) well into my 30s. My barber recently told me he thought I was in my 40s. I'm 65. But it always fades -- was quite a shock when I was in a parking lot argument with some young stranger and he called me "old man."

In business, a bit of extra assertiveness goes a long way when you look young. Know your stuff, respect your elders but take no dung. As noted in the post directly above. You'll survive this handicap!
 
Old 03-31-2019, 02:59 PM
 
46 posts, read 15,941 times
Reputation: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by healthy_ View Post
I still get asked for my ID when clean shaved. I was born in 1988, yet I look about 10 years younger. I guess it might be good only in tech (where agism is rampant) or creative arts (ditto). In business it makes you look less credible. No wonder why I always fail to get a manager's position. I don't look serious enough for banks, economics, statistic offices. Maybe learning coding might be good after all? They often forget my age and consider me younger. Somehow I feel younger too. How did/do/would you manage in the same situation? I hate being treated as a kid by younger people that look and act older than me lol.

In my late 30s and people think im younger too. Even after i tell them they forget also.
I love it tho.
 
Old 03-31-2019, 03:07 PM
 
1,864 posts, read 718,513 times
Reputation: 3980
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I'm guessing you're also a multi millionaire.
No, I am not a millionaire. I always wanted to be and that was my first career choice when I finished high school. But on checking my bank accounts, I realized that was not to be. So I had to work for a living for the decades until I could retire. Now I am comfortably retired and enjoying leisure and the good life. However, I am still not a millionaire, but very thankful of what I do have.
 
Old 03-31-2019, 05:26 PM
 
1,184 posts, read 391,568 times
Reputation: 2288
Quote:
I was like this. The time will soon come when it's a tremendous asset.
Yep. Kerb your ego and thank them for the compliment. Would you rather look like a dried-out wrinkly 90-something dying in a nursing home?

30's the new 15 anyways.
 
Old 03-31-2019, 06:24 PM
 
Location: Tennessee
23,592 posts, read 17,589,896 times
Reputation: 27682
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRunner View Post
Many people have the delusion that they look younger, like some badge of honor. In reality, what I noticed is that I didn't look that much different from 25-35. I'd get carded in my late 20's/early 30's and I would be surprised, asking myself if I really looked like I was 20. I see many of the signs of aging start appearing in most people once you get beyond the age of 35. By late 30's, almost everyone I see has little crow's feet when they smile.

When you are young, they way others take you seriously is to talk with maturity, intelligence, and composure. I guess you hit the nail on the head when you said others act older than you. There are plenty of people in managerial positions at a young age. One way you get into those positions is by showing that you have the knowledge, experience, and the people skills to be in that position. The other big way is to act like a leader. The way most people act when they are 20 does not impress grown adults, much less get them promoted to leadership positions.

Yep. I absolutely do not believe the tales of a 60 year old looking like 30. There's a difference between "looking well for 60" and actually looking 30.
 
Old 03-31-2019, 07:27 PM
 
Location: Boca Raton, FL
5,176 posts, read 8,699,926 times
Reputation: 6199
Smile Christie looks amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ312 View Post
One of the reasons I shave my face is to look as young as possible. I am in my mid-30s but am looking like late 20s. My focus on looking as young as I possibly can is done both for business and for personal reasons.



Below is Christie Brinkley's appearance on Live with Kelly & Ryan this week. At age 65, it can be argued that she looks 50-55. Her movements do indicate aging. She does not move as swiftly as someone in their 20s/30s. She does not nearly look as good here as she did in National Lampoon's Vacation, which filmed when she was 28.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hSoXLEfaLI
I think she looks younger than that. Her neck is perfect. She's been a vegan since she was 13.
Clean living and good genes.

I think she is changing the perception of people when they see people over 65.
You don't have to look like one of The Golden Girls.
 
Old 03-31-2019, 08:03 PM
 
Location: Central Illinois -
21,582 posts, read 14,374,169 times
Reputation: 14714
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bette View Post
I think she looks younger than that. Her neck is perfect. She's been a vegan since she was 13.
Clean living and good genes.

I think she is changing the perception of people when they see people over 65.
You don't have to look like one of The Golden Girls.
Has she had work done? I mean, outside of daily botox, has she had a nip and a tuck? Because she certainly don't look 65, that's hard to believe.
 
Old 03-31-2019, 11:34 PM
 
Location: 60630
12,250 posts, read 18,008,933 times
Reputation: 11692
I think she and looks like she is in her 50s with makeup. A georgous 50 something.

Looking young isn't everything or even the same as looking good. A 50 year old can be better looking than a 25 year old. People who take care of their body and their skin, will always look and feel better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top