Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2019, 05:25 PM

4,985 posts, read 3,966,169 times

Advertisements

no.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2019, 05:39 PM

456 posts, read 348,796 times
HR likely already knows and doesn't care.

As mentioned upstream, put your complaints on GlassDoor. I'd edit them from what you've posted here, though, so you don't sound quite as "whiny" about them.

Old 03-30-2019, 05:58 PM

134 posts, read 103,165 times
Wow, I could have almost written your post! Many similarities. I’m was the only one my team for a long time, every one of my co-workers left due to the manager. Almost 13 people in less than 4 years. They all offered similar feedback about this mgr in their exit interviews that but......this mgr and this mgrs supervisor make up excuses as to why these people left to the even higher mgmt. They don’t tell the truth why they left to upper mgmt. Rather, they say the employee wasn’t a good fit or was negative it’s good they are gone. The mgr and the mgrs supervisor make excuses for poor management probably because this mgrs been with the company decades and they both have “easy street” jobs, making six figures and never bringing in a dime for the company. While the company pays all their expenses. They honestly do nothing.

Anyway, if you know you are never going back I think you should state your peace. Keep it business, not personal. They may listen, they may not. Generally, management protects its own. I mean, if 13 people in less than 4 years doesn’t get yiu looked at, demoted or fired, nothing will.

Old 03-30-2019, 06:22 PM

3,070 posts, read 2,401,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by numsgal View Post
HR likely already knows and doesn't care.

As mentioned upstream, put your complaints on GlassDoor. I'd edit them from what you've posted here, though, so you don't sound quite as "whiny" about them.
Someone in management would have to admit they made a mistake in promoting the person in question. Sounds like they're not willing to do it.

Old 03-30-2019, 07:10 PM

7,759 posts, read 3,885,749 times
You can do it but it won't do anything unfortunately.

She is a bum, but for whatever reason they want to keep her. Probably has a friend in a very high place (above the people who are praising you).

Old 03-30-2019, 08:20 PM

46,956 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Don't.

You'll gain nothing. Nobody cares.

Exit interviews are a pointless HR exercise, and as always when dealing with HR, tell them what they want to hear: Very happy to have had the chance, oodles of personal growth while working, more exciting opportunity elsewhere, yadda yadda yadda...

OK, so a personal hero of mine made the HR rep cry, which I can't help but admire. But you'd better be 100% sure before setting out to do that...

Old 03-30-2019, 09:01 PM

4,971 posts, read 2,712,589 times
As previous posters have said, it isn't worth mentioning anything negative about your bad boss. It is unlikely that your top management will do anything just because you say something. Anyway, if your top management is competent and on the ball and they know or will soon know what really went on, then that bad boss may fall under the bus by herself.

Revenge feels good just by turning in your notice and then watching the sweating and scampering around that you cause. It can even be a source of merriment, but don't let them see you laugh. Just smile, be polite, and laugh on your own personal time. That's what I did when I quit my jobs.

Old 03-31-2019, 02:43 AM

3,882 posts, read 2,372,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostinPhilly View Post
I feel like throwing her under the bus on my way out as there's no way I'm ever coming back to a department that has gone down the drain.

Do you reckon I should advise HR of her ways in a diplomatic manner? Or should I address those with her?
Time for a reality check. You don't work there any longer so they don't care what a former employee has to say. Because if they really cared what you had to say they would have asked you while working there. If you had a bad experience with her, chances are great others have too and they already know about her. So she might already be on her way out. As for you, if you complain to her or the company about her, all anyone is going to remember is that you did something negative and that's only going to hurt you. You don't work there any longer, so put your focus into the new job at the new company.

Old 03-31-2019, 02:53 AM

3,882 posts, read 2,372,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostinPhilly View Post
The promotion was not to manager level. That's one step below management.

And yes, I was a top performer. I think the flow of reviews from senior management to my middle-managers is a serious proof of how well I did.

So, just because I work on my own, I can't be a top performer?Where is this coming from? I've never heard of this.

Being a top perfomer is based on reaching your targets, deadlines, client reviews etc .. not on whether or not you have a team.
Don't overstate your importance to yourself when leaving. Companies are use to losing employees, clients, market share, money, etc. They get over it very quickly. While you might be a top performer, that doesn't mean the company considered your contributions highly valuable. Only they know what their top concerns of the day are, and they could have very little to do with you.

Old 03-31-2019, 02:58 AM

1,921 posts, read 1,740,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
What's more important, the ego boost you'd get in saying what you want about that person, or minimizing the damage and repairing relationships with that company well enough that you could potentially be hired back in the future? What do you gain from saying anything?

I am curious what you did to try and repair that relationship with her. What did she say when you talked to her directly about these things? I know how what I just said sounds, and I'm not trying to pick a fight. My point is, when quitting, the goal should be to leave on as good of terms as possible. Being able to apply again in the future and have a chance at getting a job is more important than anything you say about this person.
I'm not ever planning on coming back to this office. There's nobody left in the office due to the poor management. Everybody who has left never came back even after 10 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment