U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2019, 11:18 AM

210 posts, read 82,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
Could you buy it yourself and then just have the co reimburse you?
having my company reimburse can take up to 4-5 months. I don't want to be out that much money, while they take their time to reimburse me, it sucks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2019, 11:21 AM

1,075 posts, read 645,043 times
Draft an email to your boss plus the CFO, describing the issue and ask for a target date.
Get something in writing otherwise nothing gets done and no one has accountability. Even then it may not happen!
Are you new to the business world?

Old 04-16-2019, 11:23 AM

210 posts, read 82,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earslikeacat View Post
Draft an email to your boss plus the CFO, describing the issue and ask for a target date.
Get something in writing otherwise nothing gets done and no one has accountability. Even then it may not happen!
Are you new to the business world?
I've sent four separate emails about this, as well as my boss calling and trying to deal with it. I just don't know how to deal with getting yelled at for this anymore when the company won't do anything to help

Old 04-16-2019, 11:29 AM

12,160 posts, read 10,339,034 times
Sounds like your mind is made up already and you should probably just quit then before they fire you, rather than trying to hold them responsible any longer.

Old 04-16-2019, 11:38 AM

3,755 posts, read 2,120,792 times
Failure is actually rewarded in many places these days. Just kiss rear end and smile at the abuse.

Old 04-16-2019, 11:43 AM

9,519 posts, read 13,436,132 times
I would research other recruiting tools. Maybe your co finds it too expensive. Do you know any other recruiters @ other co's? I would talk to them and see what they use or research online some other tools maybe comparable to LinkedIn.

(Sorry I do not know your business)

Old 04-16-2019, 01:58 PM

2,053 posts, read 595,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
Sounds like your mind is made up already and you should probably just quit then before they fire you, rather than trying to hold them responsible any longer.
Get terminated so you can get UE. Depends on the State but if NY they would count that you were working the past 6 months regardless of the employer. My employer before this terminated me after 4 months and based on the credit from the prior employer I was able to get approved for benefits.

Old 04-16-2019, 03:22 PM

1,368 posts, read 1,111,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lm0905 View Post
I've sent four separate emails about this, as well as my boss calling and trying to deal with it. I just don't know how to deal with getting yelled at for this anymore when the company won't do anything to help
How to deal with it? You quit and let it become someone else's problem. If they're not supporting you, your hands are tied. An employer not supporting you to do the job you were hired to do is the ultimate deal-breaker. Sounds like you've done all you can. Why bother anymore? I wouldn't suggest paying out of your pocket for the tool. You've gained nothing trying to bargain with them. In fact, now the tables have turned and they are trying to make it about YOU "not doing your job", aka documented rationale to fire you IMO. That's crazy!

Quit. Recruiting jobs are a dime a dozen these days. You'll find another job soon enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or