U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2019, 12:43 PM

6,548 posts, read 2,362,084 times

Advertisements

Could you keep the door locked, and just unlock it to let individuals in? And then when and if he shows up...don't unlock the door for him.

Also, can you call the police, and ask them to maybe park in the parking lot for a few days/nights, and explain the situation? We've done that before where I work. I've been at this company for many years, and crazy stuff doesn't happen THAT often...but it's happened.

We ask the county PD to send someone to be prominently in the parking lot, and keep an eye out for so and so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2019, 12:50 AM

3,139 posts, read 3,506,027 times
Great feedback and I appreciate it! An update here is that the owner did not reply over a 5 day period by phone or text. I saw her in person at the center and she still never addressed the issue except to chastise me for working alone at the location, as if I ever had a choice as clients have to be seen and I am the only counselor out there!

I found out later that she and her husband met with this client and put him on some kind of contract and I was told nothing about the details and I am his counselor!

I switched my days around and am just resigned to the fact that they just don't care about anything or anyone on any level. Not just me and my situation then.

Lots of other dysfunctional stuff has happened at this place and I have been sending out resumes for the last week. I get lots of complaints told to me in confidence about the owners and I have seen it firsthand. Staff and clients are not treated fairly or even civilly.

Got some interviews and I am planning my exit as soon as possible. When I got in there yesterday I learned that the other counselor is leaving and the nurse is looking too. Not just at this location but also at their other location. People are starting to talk because they are fed up with the owners just like I am. Not only issues like I described but also ethical issues and billing issues.

So I am planning my exit and got an interview offer today in fact.

Last edited by HappyDogToday; 04-05-2019 at 01:26 AM..

Old 04-05-2019, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
Could you keep the door locked, and just unlock it to let individuals in? And then when and if he shows up...don't unlock the door for him.

Also, can you call the police, and ask them to maybe park in the parking lot for a few days/nights, and explain the situation? We've done that before where I work. I've been at this company for many years, and crazy stuff doesn't happen THAT often...but it's happened.

We ask the county PD to send someone to be prominently in the parking lot, and keep an eye out for so and so.
Yes, this is how I will maintain until I move on.

Old 04-05-2019, 06:51 AM

15,024 posts, read 21,728,201 times
So sorry they owners didn’t step up! Hope you find something quickly!

Old 04-05-2019, 09:54 PM

73 posts, read 14,691 times
Yikes - ethics and billing issues on top of safety? Oy. Not a good combination.

Hope you land a much better gig the next time around - good luck, and please keep us posted.

Old 04-25-2019, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r03ix9A View Post
Yikes - ethics and billing issues on top of safety? Oy. Not a good combination.

Hope you land a much better gig the next time around - good luck, and please keep us posted.
I am still there and have had a few interviews. The issues with that one client have been resolved but the ethical issues have escalated and clients are dropping out right and left. The owners remain oblivious. They are probably more of a threat to anyone than disgruntled clients or street thugs. LOL

Old 04-25-2019, 09:23 AM

554 posts, read 154,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheerbliss View Post
So this person has a history of violence, doesn't respect boundaries, uses drugs and he's scaring everyone. And now he's blaming you for getting him into trouble.

There's no way I'd go back there.
^Agree. However, the kind of work you do would not be my passion anyway, so we are probably not measuring with the same stick. That said, there is such a need for what you do, if you walk away, you can probably find something in 5 minutes!

Old 04-25-2019, 10:40 PM

I am no longer there as of this morning when I interacted with the owner on the phone about a scheduling issue. This woman is a true narcissist and defensive with everyone. She didn't like that I had an idea that conflicted with hers and she terminated my contract which was never a contract in the first place. Most chaotic and negative environment I ever saw. The 2 staff left are on their way out ASAP. I have an interview next week and will do some seasonal work in the meantime. Glad that connection is over!

Old 04-26-2019, 12:13 PM

554 posts, read 154,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDogToday View Post
I am no longer there as of this morning when I interacted with the owner on the phone about a scheduling issue. This woman is a true narcissist and defensive with everyone. She didn't like that I had an idea that conflicted with hers and she terminated my contract which was never a contract in the first place. Most chaotic and negative environment I ever saw. The 2 staff left are on their way out ASAP. I have an interview next week and will do some seasonal work in the meantime. Glad that connection is over!
Best of luck HappyDOg. This is probably the best thing that ever happened to you when you look back

Old 04-26-2019, 01:51 PM

1,401 posts, read 548,534 times
I'd get the hell out of there now WITHOUT having a job lined up because you don't feel safe and that is enough to leave.Also others don't feel safe as well.The owner....that person doesn't care because they don't have to deal with it in person...you and others do.So you do what you need to do for YOUR safety and leave.
Glad you left!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment