Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2019, 10:59 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,532,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissmamaAnnie View Post
I was caught off gourd so I said excuse me, don't call me fat. And later on, I told her that next time I will go to HR. that's when she started backtracking and said that I look good. The extra pounds suits me. And I saw her yesterday for the first time since that incident and she was like, You look good today
She doesn’t sound so smart. Can’t get it through her thick skull to just keep her trap shut.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2019, 11:14 AM

8,662 posts, read 3,863,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
She doesn’t sound so smart. Can’t get it through her thick skull to just keep her trap shut.
That’s an angry and aggressive way of trying to make a point in a thread pertaining to unnecessary rude comments!

Old 04-13-2019, 01:06 PM

497 posts, read 422,529 times
Quote:
One of my co workers said I'm getting fat and she was like look at your behind..referring to my butt since I'm pear shaped and bottom heavy. I'm 5'3 and about 136 lbs. Used to be lighter but gained few pounds

Ofcourse I was offended by it. when she asked me for something I said no, you called me fat. Then she was like oh you look good. The extra pounds suits you. You're not fat.I will let it go for now but she makes those remarks again I will report her

Would they overlook this ? Comments like this are hurtful and my clothes already tells me I'm gaining weight and don't need her to point it out. Should I report her?
State your boundries right then and there with a calm, controlled tone of voice with that person and then dismiss them as if they are a child.

Old 04-13-2019, 03:00 PM

12,773 posts, read 14,978,563 times
Quote:
I was caught off gourd so I said excuse me, don't call me fat. And later on, I told her that next time I will go to HR. that's when she started backtracking and said that I look good. The extra pounds suits me. And I saw her yesterday for the first time since that incident and she was like, You look good today
I see, thanks for answering. I never knew of anyone personally to be that bold in the workplace. What kind of work do you do? Office, etc.?

Old 04-13-2019, 05:46 PM

576 posts, read 823,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
I see, thanks for answering. I never knew of anyone personally to be that bold in the workplace. What kind of work do you do? Office, etc.?
I work in Nursing home and it's quite rampart in my workplace where some people think it's socially acceptable. I've heard it countless times of co workers commenting on other co workers weight. And it's always black women that does this. Not trying to bring up the race card but that's what I noticed. And some even say it's acceptable in their culture

Old 04-13-2019, 07:40 PM

12,773 posts, read 14,978,563 times
^ I see. Well, no matter what they say about it being "culturally/socially acceptable" to call others fat, please don't assume that ALL black women are fine w/ it. As many of us know, it's extremely, extremely hard to say the words, "all, only, one" about ANYTHING.

Old 04-14-2019, 08:12 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,052,616 times
OP: when someone insults you, just reply with, "Do you feel better now?"

Old 04-14-2019, 09:44 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,353,110 times
Quote:
I'm assuming you're a guy. In that case, I will stop wasting my energy trying to explain things to you.
Did you just shame him for being a man?

Old 04-14-2019, 09:58 AM

3,285 posts, read 2,662,521 times
Quote:
Why are you spending so much time and energy worrying about what someone else says or thinks? Precisely what relevance does their opinion have in your life? If I were you, I'd be looking into why I was giving someone else so much space in my head. That's likely to be a far more productive path than trying to get them to change, and then worrying that they're only faking change, or are "changing" sarcastically.

Old 04-14-2019, 11:18 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,378,016 times
Workplace harassment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment