U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2019, 08:54 AM

23,638 posts, read 33,434,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
This person probably assumed it was public knowledge since you posted it for the earth's 7.5 billion people to see.
NO! I posted it for the 200 or less carefully screened people on my feed under private settings (I work tech so Iím very knowledgeable on those settings). I didnít put it on a billboard at 14th and U St in DC on Friday night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2019, 09:42 AM

372 posts, read 188,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
NO! I posted it for the 200 or less carefully screened people on my feed under private settings (I work tech so Iím very knowledgeable on those settings). I didnít put it on a billboard at 14th and U St in DC on Friday night.
Do those ~200 people know they're in some super secret group? Have you talked with this person to find out how/why they decided to spill the beans? Maybe it was unintentional and done under the assumption that it was public. Maybe not. I get you're angry at this person, but honestly, sharing it with ~200 people does not sound private to me.

Old 04-10-2019, 09:52 AM

603 posts, read 204,254 times
If you're friends with a former coworker, it's likely other coworkers are still in contact with him/her, too.

You can be miffed all you want but you created this situation yourself.

Forget about it and enjoy the new job!

Old 04-10-2019, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gus2 View Post
If you're friends with a former coworker, it's likely other coworkers are still in contact with him/her, too.

You can be miffed all you want but you created this situation yourself.

Forget about it and enjoy the new job!
Be in contact with other coworkers isnít an issue, it is directly reporting to my management when they know damn well how much I was in at work. Why would that even occur to remotely be a good idea to do to interject themselves into a situation between me and my management.

Old 04-10-2019, 10:43 AM

1,279 posts, read 1,062,723 times
Quote:
Be in contact with other coworkers isnít an issue, it is directly reporting to my management when they know damn well how much I was in at work. Why would that even occur to remotely be a good idea to do to interject themselves into a situation between me and my management.
...because they can. You provided the ammunition. You are powerless over what other people do, how they react.
Go to the mirror, look at yourself and acknowledge that you set the ball rolling. Promise yourself that you've learned a lesson and you will not repeat this again.
Then let the co-worker off the hook so YOU can swim.

Enjoy your new position!

Old 04-10-2019, 12:49 PM

6,880 posts, read 7,281,254 times
I second a question that was asked earlier....

Have you asked the former co-worker WHY they went to your current boss?

Even if I were to stay in touch with a former boss. I doubt I'd talk to that person every day, or be intimate friends.
So the only reason I'd have for running back to that person and telling your news, would indeed be to cause trouble.

So, for me the position of "give the person the benefit of the doubt that they might have thought your news was public knowledge" is BS.

But ask there person, just to se what s/he says.

Old 04-10-2019, 12:56 PM

28,240 posts, read 39,895,668 times
Post your life on line. Get backlash. Complain online.

I'm waiting for your company to fire you. I'm waiting for the company you are considering for a new job to see all this and remove you from the candidate list.

Just keep shooting yourself in the foot. It seems to be a trend with you.

Stop posting your life online. Good lord.

Old 04-10-2019, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Post your life on line. Get backlash. Complain online.

I'm waiting for your company to fire you. I'm waiting for the company you are considering for a new job to see all this and remove you from the candidate list.

Just keep shooting yourself in the foot. It seems to be a trend with you.

Stop posting your life online. Good lord.
Dude if my thread bothers you that much, Iíd recommend NOT waiting and put me on your ignore list.

Old 04-10-2019, 02:40 PM

2,660 posts, read 3,051,472 times
Gotta admit, this is why all my co-workers, former or otherwise, are in my Work group. So when I post about work, no one but my friends see it and those friends are in no way associated with anyone I work with. I trust no one.

The only thing I have ever heard anyone winning with social media is "defamation of character" or anything along those lines. I doubt you have any recourse with the company, but I would definitely rethink how you are categorizing your work relationships and how well you really know those people.

Old 04-10-2019, 03:32 PM

28,240 posts, read 39,895,668 times
Quote:
Dude if my thread bothers you that much, Iíd recommend NOT waiting and put me on your ignore list.
You're posting stupid things online. I won't put you on ignore. I love train crashes The best part of this thread? You getting upset at me calling you out when I'm right. I'll say it again: Stop posting everything online.

Or continue to do so for the entertainer value it gives to everyone else.

You don't like my comments? Put me on ignore.

Dude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment