U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2019, 05:49 PM

Location: Southern California native, last 20 yrs in Milwaukee Wisc.
1,218 posts, read 3,419,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
The same reason we have failed to elect a female President! Same reason the military doesn't want women in combat!

Why? The truth may come out at last, that women are stronger than men!

Let's not overlook many powerful, wealthy men, as behind them lies their PBT, Power Behind The Throne, and without her, he might be a mere Nobody!

A good example of that is Obama who referred to Michelle as The Boss!

Well, since they're stronger, and apparently not advancing enough in corporate America, maybe more women should go into blue-collar/manual labor fields like mining, logging, commercial fishing, roofing, mechanics, road and bridge construction crews, and similar occupations where their strength and endurance in unpleasant conditions will get them the advancements they deserve.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2019, 06:06 PM

78,603 posts, read 70,482,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liar_Liar View Post
Netflix has a 30 minutes documentary on this subject.

The compared men and women who had near identical backgrounds upon completing school.

Men work more. That's the conclusion the documentary came to.

Women typically start to have kids in their 20's to mid 30's. Once that happen, they stop making work a priority hence became less likely to get promoted.
Someone needs to do a study of the women who don't start having kids. The women in their 40's and above, who don't have kids, for a valid comparison. I've known quite a few of those; they're not as rare as people might think. Maybe it's more of a West Coast and NYC thing, IDK. But they're out there.

Old 04-24-2019, 03:05 PM
Status: "Disagreeing is not the same thing as trolling." (set 8 days ago)

9,481 posts, read 3,639,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
In cut-throat industries it's less likely to find women because very few women could make sacrifices such as not have family life nor take vacations. Almost all women managers that I know take vacations and are out of the office more than their male counterparts. When there's a crisis at work, the first responders are typically males while females take a more passive approach to handling a crisis situation..
An increasing number of jobs are work-from-home these days which would create more flexibility for the employee and possibly even out the playing field for men and women.

Old 04-25-2019, 10:00 AM

Location: In a city within a state where politicians come to get their PHDs in Corruption
1,467 posts, read 1,131,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Not really news, I suppose...

Why Arenít Women Advancing More in Corporate America?
From the 1970s into the í90s, women made serious progress in the workplace. Then that progress stalled, especially at the top.

Letís start with the double bind that women face. If theyíre perceived as nice and warm and nurturing, as theyíre expected to be, they donít show what it takes to move into a leadership position. But when they take charge to get things done, theyíre often seen as angrier or more aggressive than men.
The women whose rankings exhibited expertise were actually perceived as less influential than the women without expertise ó and in fact exerted less influence over the group. For men, the dynamic was the opposite... Women with high grades were also less likely to be called back than women with average grades.
Quadlin also did a survey of employers that suggested ó surprise, surprise ó that they valued competence more for men and likability more for women.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...e-america.html

https://updatenewsportal.com/why-are...orate-america/
Beause men, on average make better leaders. There are many variables, and one of them is biological: much higher levels of testosterone. Not everything is a conspiracy.

Old 04-25-2019, 10:17 AM

7,387 posts, read 2,924,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tolovefromANFIELD View Post
Beause men, on average make better leaders. There are many variables, and one of them is biological: much higher levels of testosterone. Not everything is a conspiracy.
Agreed. And Baby Daddies among them, have even more freedom than Baby Mamas.

Old 04-25-2019, 11:43 AM

Location: In a city within a state where politicians come to get their PHDs in Corruption
1,467 posts, read 1,131,970 times
[quote=RbccL;55029109]Agreed. And Baby Daddies among them, have even more freedom than Baby Mamas. [/QUOTE

Thank god for my wife. I have very little patience for my offspring and their nonsense

If it was up to me I'd do it Spartan style......

Old 04-25-2019, 01:06 PM

7,387 posts, read 2,924,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tolovefromANFIELD View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Agreed. And Baby Daddies among them, have even more freedom than Baby Mamas.
Thank god for my wife. I have very little patience for my offspring and their nonsense

If it was up to me I'd do it Spartan style......

Ahh. Like a boss. I guess you win that one.
As far as women advancing, I don't see a lot of obstacles. I'm not trying to be president though. I'm trying to be comfortably self-supporting with enough left over to invest and give away. In that I have advanced and succeeded.

Last edited by RbccL; 04-25-2019 at 01:21 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment