U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2019, 02:24 PM

3,082 posts, read 3,166,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liar_Liar View Post
Is her previous employer at the liberty to say anything in regard of what type of employee she was? You can "out" her during the investigation once they ask for your side of the story. I guess there is a chance you can convince your current employer that she feels her certain way about you since you've crossed path before.
I don't care what they say about her,but I do know she's had a stack of complaints before and even a record of crossing paths with me as I've said others were witness to it. Whether they'll speak on it for fear of becoming another target is anyone's guess. This wouldn't be the first time workplace 'buddies' have turned on me. But that reminds me...the manager before her,one who I adored incidentally and who was also a witness,stated that she cannot or one cannot 'retaliate' against witnesses. So again,this may be a technical way of her retaliating while keeping within boundaries. She could just say she was enforcing the rules of the job.

Old 04-18-2019, 02:26 PM

14,227 posts, read 44,887,015 times
Short term, apply for unemployment, your last day worked is the day they sent you home.

Longer term, I'd be looking for a better job. I'd start that job search now, along with filing for the unemployment.

Old 04-18-2019, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumb View Post
Look, what would probably work better is to assert yourself in the workplace and try to not look like a target. Toxic behavior is everywhere, toxic managers are more common than dirt and occasionally they will need scapegoats. I'm not saying you're at fault, but you need to learn how to deal with this person; if they're already in trouble, but they hold some power, you could probably get a good deal if you looked at their good points and spoke about them in a positive way suddenly. If they're that stupid, they'll hoover it up instantly and you'll be the best of friends! Don't forget everyone needs love sometimes.
Oh asserting myself is what made me the target in the first place. Word is that she is former military and isn't used to 'backtalk'...that meaning I simply stood up for myself when I felt I was being unfairly criticized.It was such petty things too like the way I kept my workspace,which worked for me but there was no official way stated we should keep it. Other employees agreed too that she was petty and critical. And as for being buddies with her,you don't get a second chance for a first impression. Once that was established I immediately became the target of her vitriol. At first it was thought she had a problem with men,because she hadn't come at the other workers like this as I was the older of them and she had looked at them as her 'kids' and me as one of her ex husbands apparently. So it was obvious there were alot of personal issues in there,as she had stated out loud to various employees and was heard throughout the building. But her issues aside,if they decide to just make this a focused issue on my faults on the job then personal issues would most likely not have bearing on this...even though it's obviously a veiled personal attack.

Old 04-18-2019, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
Short term, apply for unemployment, your last day worked is the day they sent you home.

Longer term, I'd be looking for a better job. I'd start that job search now, along with filing for the unemployment.
I started looking right when the suspension happened because I could see what was shaping up to happen. Dealing with limited options locally,plus being in the midst of trying to plan a move anyway,doesn't give me much free time to dedicate solely to searching.

Old 04-18-2019, 02:44 PM

1,401 posts, read 548,534 times
I would go look for another job.Sometimes these companies don't care that you have a complaint.All they care about is the bottom line.Find another job and then sue your soon to be prior employer if you can.

Old 04-18-2019, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by codergirl View Post
I would go look for another job.Sometimes these companies don't care that you have a complaint.All they care about is the bottom line.Find another job and then sue your soon to be prior employer if you can.
I'm only wanting to sue for the anguish this is putting me through at the moment,they literally threw a wrench into the move I had planned. I was counting on that income towards the expenses. Now I am facing eviction by the end of the month if I can't make this move. But if I am able to secure unemployment I may not follow through with the other,but somehow I've got to make up for the loss of income. Plus it's no easy feat just finding a job around here. It's becoming overpopulated quicker than the infrastructure can handle.

Old 04-18-2019, 03:37 PM

11,123 posts, read 8,531,120 times
Based on what you wrote, suing would be silly. Go ahead and speak to a lawyer. See what they have to say.

Old 04-18-2019, 05:52 PM

751 posts, read 1,058,888 times
Can you give specifics what she did or said to you?

Old 04-18-2019, 07:02 PM

17,253 posts, read 10,183,539 times
Can I Sue My Boss If He Is Bullying Me?

Is Workplace Bullying Illegal?

Old 04-18-2019, 08:47 PM

27,298 posts, read 15,767,098 times
I'll say it never hurts to talk to a reputable lawyer. Avoid Lionel Hutz types if you can. I think if anything you'd get a settlement because even if the company knows they very well could win, they don't want to deal with the headache of a case being public record, especially if they are publicly traded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment