U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2019, 03:51 PM

8,717 posts, read 3,091,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RationalExpectations View Post
Q: Can a McDonalds Manager raise a family ?

A: No. The 28th Amendment to the US Constitution prohibits McDonald's Managers from either procreating or raising a family.

Are they still only counted as 3/5 of a citizen, though? Or is that only drive-thru staff?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2019, 05:12 PM

6,221 posts, read 2,884,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MB1562 View Post
Yes it is. Not being able to provide more then the surviving essentials is not good parenting. If you can barely (or not even) provide the essentials for your kid, you shouldn't have one in the first place.
Ohh dear! So now we know.

I'll call my adult children up and let them know that my limited income should have been the deciding factor for both of them not to exist. Wonder how well That will go.
They received medical, sports involvement and the love of a good family... sorry if that isn't "essential" .
To "provide" is also to be there for them...sorry I didn't get your permission if I should or shouldn't have them. Little late now. Dern them for turning out so well. !

Old 04-26-2019, 05:31 PM

2,078 posts, read 606,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Ohh dear! So now we know.

I'll call my adult children up and let them know that my limited income should have been the deciding factor for both of them not to exist. Wonder how well That will go.
They received medical, sports involvement and the love of a good family... sorry if that isn't "essential" .
To "provide" is also to be there for them...sorry I didn't get your permission if I should or shouldn't have them. Little late now. Dern them for turning out so well. !
On who's dime???? Let me guess, the tax payer?

Old 04-26-2019, 06:01 PM

920 posts, read 235,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
On who's dime???? Let me guess, the tax payer?
The stench of elitism is palpable in this forum, eh?

Old 04-26-2019, 06:58 PM

8,717 posts, read 3,091,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsuperfly View Post
The stench of elitism is palpable in this forum, eh?
Only on those who never took nothin' from nobody, ever. It's a natural musk, not unpleasing to the owner, but it's also largely imaginary.

Old 04-26-2019, 07:58 PM

12,963 posts, read 8,783,224 times
If you work at McD full-time say you only make between $30-45k a year. That still qualifies for a lot of govt assistance programs such as food stamp, rent assist, and you'll get a tax refund like $6k+ and additional credits if you have kids. While it's still not enough, it's survivable.

Old 04-27-2019, 05:44 AM

101 posts, read 30,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
If you work at McD full-time say you only make between $30-45k a year. That still qualifies for a lot of govt assistance programs such as food stamp, rent assist, and you'll get a tax refund like $6k+ and additional credits if you have kids. While it's still not enough, it's survivable.
The govt assistance can vary depending on where you live. Here in the Midwest, 30-45k isn't that low, even for a family. It's tight, that's for sure and you won't be taking fancy vacations or buying high end things but you can eat decently and pay the bills if you budget correctly. We had to do that for a while since I stayed at home with the kids for several years. The only thing we qualified for was our state run children's health insurance, which we used b/c the kids needed to have that. The premiums we would have had to pay for his job's insurance were ridiculously high b/c the franchise was so small...I ended up having to buy an individual plan which had horrible coverage.

Salary aside though, being a fast food manager is way too stressful on the family...50-60+ hr work weeks are the norm...and then when you break that down, the hourly pay isn't that good. Plus...the constant phone calls...good grief...I could only imagine the amount if the place was open for 24 hrs! My husband got a base salary and then maid a percentage of commission but that was dependent upon things like keeping food costs low and labor costs low. It's harder than it looks and often he would be just above the cut off so he wouldn't get the full commission...

Old 04-27-2019, 08:19 AM

52 posts, read 27,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgustedman View Post
Can a McDonalds Manager raise a family ?

Yes they can, but the question is "Why would they want to try and support one?"
Out of complete necessity

Maybe some of these people don't know or have the skills to do anything else that would paid them more

High school dropout who isn't qualified for much else

Old 04-27-2019, 08:24 AM

52 posts, read 27,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sas318 View Post
If they have 2 incomes, sure. But if they have 1, probably not in a high cost of living area. Your rent or mortgage would bankrupt you.
I would say one job though most McDobalds manager I seen have long hours that include the weekend and are all over the place sometimes.

Not sure how they can have a second job.

Old 04-27-2019, 08:28 AM

628 posts, read 271,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sas318 View Post
If they have 2 incomes, sure. But if they have 1, probably not in a high cost of living area. Your rent or mortgage would bankrupt you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert473 View Post
I would say one job though most McDobalds manager I seen have long hours that include the weekend and are all over the place sometimes.

Not sure how they can have a second job.
By "Two Income" he means husband & spouse working. Not person working two jobs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or